help my very vague memory of a bow...

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

morganp

help my very vague memory of a bow...

#1 Post by morganp » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:07 am

Probably a stupid request but I have a vague memory of pics of a bow on here several years back.
All I remember is a forward-facing grip a bit like the border covert hunter. 'V' shaped point forward almost.
Might have been a border but don't see it on their site at present.
Was a one piece and may have had a recurve or reflex to the limb. But if it did it was very slight, pretty sure it was straight when full-drawn.
Looked like a 'v' rather than a 'c'.

Just hoping someone has an inspired memory and says 'yeah, the xxxxxxx looked like that.'
Sorry to be so vague, brain is fading these days.

Curvemeister

Re: help my very vague memory of a bow...

#2 Post by Curvemeister » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:56 am

Might have been a Bear super mag ?

Super short takedown recurves that match that description would be the Little suckling recurve , or the Tovar hunting recurve ( my favourite ..... One day !! )

Tovar hunting recurve ;
bow25.jpg
bow25.jpg (14.88 KiB) Viewed 1545 times
Athens Accomplice 34 70#
Assenheimer T/D recurve 64" 65#@28
Internature Hunter T/D recurve 58" 60#@28
Bear Tigercat recurve 56" 58#@28
York Cadet recurve 62" 20#@28 ( first ever bow 1984)

morganp

#3 Post by morganp » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:13 pm

Thanks for that. But no, it was 99% for sure a one piece. Except I am not that sure ... it has actually re-occurred in a dream and that was why I wanted to follow it up, but also why the memory isn't very trustworthy.

Closest I have found searching on forum is the raptor:
http://www.ozbow.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.p ... or#p152932
which is beautiful but just a bit too rounded/soft-edged compared to the memory bow.

longbow steve

#4 Post by longbow steve » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:38 pm

I recall you were fond of the shrew or toelke whip. Might be wrong. Cheers steve

morganp

#5 Post by morganp » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:11 pm

Blimey Steve, you remember me better than I do! I'm not sure who I am anymore let alone who I was ...
I had forgotten the name of the Ron LaClair bow. It's not the one in mind though very close! I once had a Shrew, sob. Now who got that? And a Checkmate Longhorn. Memories!

The Shrew Hunter is another classically beautiful looking bow to my eyes and first introduced me to the idea of deflex/reflex (if that is what it is) and the weight forward grip. The Toelke Whip Mick Smith introduced me to later I think and it remains my number one wish.

I also later wanted a Javaman Assyrian. Never did win tattslotto and I got badly ill on top of old injuries so that dropped poundage I could shoot right down. Sold everything and nearly gave up. Couldn't even handle the Dalton recurve or cheap Samick I had. Kept them for other visitors to here and re-built myself a longbow at 25lb. But that is all history.

The bow I have in mind is close to that Flatliner Raptor or the LaClair Shrew but had harder lines.
Thanks for that mate, much appreciated.