MUSTER MAYHEM !!

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Brett Finger

MUSTER MAYHEM !!

#1 Post by Brett Finger » Sun May 25, 2014 7:11 pm

like all good boy/girl scouts......

YOU MUSTer BE PREPARED !! :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised:

agent X reports to me that this years muster is going to be the biggest, n bestest EVER !!

FULL HUNTERS ROUNDS , this year.... mowed laneways around the course to the tha targets, BUT THEN ~!!~!!!!!

each target scenario is full bush setting... trees, rocks, twigs, tall grass, more trees and more rocks, more trees , more rock more tall grass and more trees and rocks between u and the 3D Quarry... !!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

there will no casual stroll to the target after the shot, or at least not from the shooting pegs to the thing, you will walk back out the target laneway ( yes that's right, surveyors tape depicting the hunting corridor !!!!) and back to the target via the mowed track leading to the target area, to retrieve / score the shots... :lol: :lol:

a great number of surprises await our intrepid shooter on their journey around the arra destruction paradise !! :razz: :razz:

on not ONE but TWO of these special event ranges have been crafted by the devious range master's who have added their psychopathic flair to target areas, encompassing their love of good shooting or destruction of all arras and EGOS !!!! :lol:

but the fun does not simply end when you breath a sigh of relief once back at camp and count the toll ! :oops: as this is to lull you into a false security !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

where an array of devilish , evil temptation's await our intrepid shooter at the "practice range of doom " :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Bring Flu-Flu's and BLUNTS as you will need them !!!!

Knife and Axe also await the unsuspecting victim, who dares face the challenges that await !!! :?: :?:

SEE YOU AT THE MUSTER !!!!!!!!!!

IM with Stupid :arrow: ... Fing :surprised:
Attachments
Muster.jpg
Muster.jpg (43.84 KiB) Viewed 6801 times
Last edited by Brett Finger on Tue May 27, 2014 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So long as the new Moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow , so long will the fasicnation of Archery keep hold of the hearts of Men
Foundation member - East Coast TRAD Bowhunters - E.C.T.B - we are smoke, we are rumor
NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him

Gringa Bows

Re: MUSTER MAYHEM !!

#2 Post by Gringa Bows » Sun May 25, 2014 8:26 pm

I'll be there :biggrin:

Nutgrass

#3 Post by Nutgrass » Mon May 26, 2014 9:30 am

Sounds like fun :wink: I might go :biggrin:
RABBITS (karen) wrote:NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him.
Shooters get to 50m to shoot, but only a hunter gets inside 20m to hunt.

Gringa Bows

#4 Post by Gringa Bows » Mon May 26, 2014 10:27 am

You gotta go Nutgrass, so you so you can help Fing carry me back to camp at night :lol:

Brett Finger

#5 Post by Brett Finger » Mon May 26, 2014 2:47 pm

He's got a valid point Nutty !!

No that im overly keen or anything, but ... im already PACKED

FING ... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Attachments
packed.jpg
packed.jpg (119.53 KiB) Viewed 6732 times
So long as the new Moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow , so long will the fasicnation of Archery keep hold of the hearts of Men
Foundation member - East Coast TRAD Bowhunters - E.C.T.B - we are smoke, we are rumor
NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him

little arrows

#6 Post by little arrows » Mon May 26, 2014 6:53 pm

keen or what !!!! are you staying for a month???? :lol: and where's the esky. :biggrin:

Brett Finger

#7 Post by Brett Finger » Tue May 27, 2014 1:17 pm

Ill have my lovely wife Natlie and our wild children with me this year, need to pack for the tribe :biggrin:

also Gringa and the rest to the "Gringa Mob"... so thought id better throw in the few "extras" ...

how many days left?? how manyyyyyyyyyy :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Fing... :biggrin:

UPTHETOP

#8 Post by UPTHETOP » Tue May 27, 2014 5:22 pm

Hey Brett not enough arrows for the tribe there mate, need another quiver full for distance testing.

Cheers Wayno
Justastik Arrow Craft, Its all about the Wood.

Brett Finger

#9 Post by Brett Finger » Wed May 28, 2014 7:25 am

Wayno...

there my old ones brother, I have made another dam 6doz for the rest !!!
not including blunts and flu-flu.... moan

Brett Finger

#10 Post by Brett Finger » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:27 am

the guys have the place looking fantastic, consider, that they had been wiped out buy the floods and have had to come back form that, an amazing effort by all concerned...

WELL DONE

Attachments
grounds2.jpg
grounds2.jpg (150.04 KiB) Viewed 6624 times
grounds1.jpg
grounds1.jpg (151.69 KiB) Viewed 6624 times
range 1.jpg
range 1.jpg (158.3 KiB) Viewed 6624 times

Gene-o

#11 Post by Gene-o » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:36 pm

Those photos look great, will try to dig up some photos of when the flood and winds hit, the place was an absolute nightmare.

Geneo :wink:

Brett Finger

#12 Post by Brett Finger » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:14 pm

:biggrin:

the crew up Gladstone are doing an amazing job !!!
Fing... :smile:
Attachments
g5.jpg
g5.jpg (140.7 KiB) Viewed 6581 times
g4.jpg
g4.jpg (151.78 KiB) Viewed 6581 times
g3.jpg
g3.jpg (137.59 KiB) Viewed 6581 times

Brett Finger

#13 Post by Brett Finger » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:33 am

a few more of the venue...
Attachments
g10.jpg
g10.jpg (197.78 KiB) Viewed 6568 times
g9.jpg
g9.jpg (42.85 KiB) Viewed 6568 times
g7.jpg
g7.jpg (85 KiB) Viewed 6568 times
g6.jpg
g6.jpg (78.58 KiB) Viewed 6568 times

Brett Finger

#14 Post by Brett Finger » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:34 am

:mrgreen:
Attachments
g8.jpg
g8.jpg (86.45 KiB) Viewed 6568 times

Zan

#15 Post by Zan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:43 pm

The grounds couldn't get any better. Great help from members.

Was given a tour of the ranges - wanted to take photos but won't spoil the fun. Gene has certainly put every thought (wicked & then some) into his creations & I really believe everyone will enjoy shooting them.

Anyone needing the gate code, PM me & I will get back to you.
Zan

little arrows

#16 Post by little arrows » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:12 pm

some last minute makeup touches for the targets eh Geneo..... :lol:

Brett Finger

#17 Post by Brett Finger » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:20 pm

Sooooooo,
R u saying hes "touching up" the pig ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fing... :mrgreen:

Gene-o

#18 Post by Gene-o » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:46 pm

Hey steady on guys... its a sow and she is of age :surprised:

Gringa Bows

#19 Post by Gringa Bows » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:28 am

its ok he's just making sure her dot was the right colour :surprised:

Brett Finger

#20 Post by Brett Finger » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:57 pm

:biggrin:
Well camp.is up at the muster... A few guys here already !!
Fing..

Brett Finger

#21 Post by Brett Finger » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:40 am

What a fantastic weekend of mischief and mayhem !!
Great to catch up with old friends and make new, sensational Tucker, 2x mind blowing ranges and non- stop laughing.
A massive thanks to the club members for the many many hours work put in by them before , during and after the event !!
A extra special thanks to Gene Mattson who had a big group of young trad shooters / hunters hanging off his every word as he inspired and guided them through the afternoon in a exceptionally well structured " hunting class" ... You rocked it brother...
Like all folks attending, my family, "Gringa Gang " friends n I had a fantastic time !!
Bring on 2015 !!!

Attachments
M6.jpg
M6.jpg (144.91 KiB) Viewed 6459 times
M5.jpg
M5.jpg (166.53 KiB) Viewed 6459 times
M4.jpg
M4.jpg (91.42 KiB) Viewed 6459 times
M3.jpg
M3.jpg (174.55 KiB) Viewed 6459 times
M2.jpg
M2.jpg (156.48 KiB) Viewed 6459 times
M1.jpg
M1.jpg (93.39 KiB) Viewed 6459 times

Brett Finger

#22 Post by Brett Finger » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:53 am

the following are shots of the Hunting /Stalking "Master Class" for our future TRAD shooters from Gene-o.....

this man had the children's %100 attention and hanging off his every word for over an hour, what a joy to see the kids learning about our sport with such attention!

Attachments
g8.jpg
g8.jpg (145.38 KiB) Viewed 6456 times
g7.jpg
g7.jpg (180.96 KiB) Viewed 6456 times
g6.jpg
g6.jpg (102.82 KiB) Viewed 6456 times
g5.jpg
g5.jpg (162.81 KiB) Viewed 6456 times
g4.jpg
g4.jpg (107.5 KiB) Viewed 6456 times
g3.jpg
g3.jpg (135.55 KiB) Viewed 6456 times
G2.jpg
G2.jpg (118.67 KiB) Viewed 6456 times
G1.jpg
G1.jpg (192.79 KiB) Viewed 6456 times

Ronster

#23 Post by Ronster » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:57 pm

Congrats to Gladstone Bow Hunters for a great weekend. After the problems you guy's have had with the grounds being wiped out and not being able to get to the range, you have done really well.
Give yourselves a big pat on the back!

Sue and I really did enjoy the ranges you set out, really challenging and made for a great contest.

It was good to catch up with you all, and being back at our old club reminded us how friendly you guy's are. You are family!

Thanks again, we know that next year will be bigger and better.

Ron & Sue
I would love to be an expert, but experience and lack of knowledge holds me back!

Bows:-
Raven Vanquish 62" TD Recurve 44# @ 28"
Beaver 64" Longbow 41# @ 27"
Bear Montana 64" Longbow 50# @ 28"
Win & Win Winact ILF Riser and Win & Win Pro accent ILF carbon foam limbs 48# @ 28"

hazard

#24 Post by hazard » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:38 pm

Looks like a great week end.
But was the guy in the gillie suit an archery 'STIG" ?
Politics is a game played by dishonest people to gain an unfair advantage!

Never under estimate the strength of a cornered coward.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

http://www.bowmanstaxidermy.com.au

Brett Finger

#25 Post by Brett Finger » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:29 am

Gringa Bows Placing well this year....

1st Mens Longbow - 4th Mens Recurve - 3rd Womans Longbow - 2nd Junior Girls Recurve - 1st n 2nd Junior Boys Longbow - 1st Junior Girls Longbow - 2nd Cub girls Longbow

additional pick-ups from our crew where . 3rd Mens Knife - 1st Cub girl Knife - 2 jr boys knife - Best hunting display - and I hit a few targets here n ther and a Bull in de A$$ :biggrin:

little arrows

#26 Post by little arrows » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:44 pm

I was thinking about how well all the Australian bowyers did when at the presentations of the Gladstone shoot.

As mentioned above Gringa did well, then Raven Bows took out the follow places in Mens Recurve, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th and 2 others finished in top 15. Ladies Recurve 1st, 3rd.

Buffalo Bows 2nd in Ladies Longbow, 2 in Mens Recurve in the top 20, 2nd Cubs Girls Longbow.

Then you have Selfbows they were all Australian Made.

So well done to all the Australian Bowyers I say.

cheers
sue

dan76

#27 Post by dan76 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:00 pm

Ahh that's a first in the cub girls longbow there little arrows, second was a Gringa I believe, don't cheat my daughter out of a spot she is very proud of her self, did you see her at the presentations, she was nearly wetting herself from excitement :biggrin:

Dan

Brett Finger

#28 Post by Brett Finger » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:51 am

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL !!!!

yes Sue, makes a man proud to see the incredible craftsmanship displayed at the Muster by Aussies most talent Bowyers :surprised:

yes Raven..... I have been circling for many many years waiting for that "one" off Dave's wall.... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: ( Dave being one of my Bowhunting Hero's since I was 17, and a friend for many of those years :smile: ) just makes the wait even more worthwhile :biggrin:

Big Dan's Buffalo Bows .... very , very impressive !!! outstanding finish and a good smooth a fast bow !! ( congrats big fella on a most excellent product :wink: )

while I'm on the back patting rant... Wallace Woods... how good are they !!! a %100 professional product, I'm soooooo Jealous of the Flu-Flu's made for my wife... :mrgreen:

Kindest Regards, Fing... :biggrin: