Ripped off and dissapointed

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Tassietiger

Ripped off and dissapointed

#1 Post by Tassietiger » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:39 am

I have just received a call from the bowyer And he has assured me that communication was lost due to phone company and my bow is on its way today and should be here within 7 days . I will post some pics when I receive it.

Unfortunitely the checking of all avenues of communication available that you have set up with the client need to be checked regularly or this situation is bound to happen and result in messy customer relations , hopefully this situation has now been resolved , and I might add without yelling and screaming from either party and I look forward to seeing my new bow
Regards Craig
Last edited by Tassietiger on Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nutgrass

Re: Ripped off and dissapointed

#2 Post by Nutgrass » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:58 am

I have been caught in the same situation back when i was shooting compound bows. Money up front, after 6 months of no bow I was about to make the treck to redeam my money. I had named & shamed & it was just more empty promises, so they looked good in public.
I feel your pain, it leaves a very sour taste in ones mouth. I would certainly be making sure nobody else got caught.
Hope it gets resolved quickly.
RABBITS (karen) wrote:NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him.
Shooters get to 50m to shoot, but only a hunter gets inside 20m to hunt.

bigbob

#3 Post by bigbob » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:02 am

Think I have a good idea who you were dealing with and its a blight on all honest bowyers. I hope somehow it works out for you, but after this length of time I would have serious doubts. MOST of the guys posting here are very reputable and do everything possible to maintain a their reputation. Seems you made a bad choice unfortunately.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

BEAST

#4 Post by BEAST » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:53 am

Just out of curiosity how does one loose contact due to phone company? They Should have all your details written down email , phone , address , surly you have gave them your details when you dropped money on the bow if not even contact you via the forum If all was lost somehow ?
Sounds a bit strange to me
I hope you get it mate I really do but even then if you do for me in your shoes this experience would put me right off that bow
Norseman wrath longbow
Hoyt satori

morganp

#5 Post by morganp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:23 pm

If anyone who has been on the forum for a while can confirm these circumstances I will have a cheap Samsung takedown, low poundage, I will give Tassietiger to keep him in the game. And some arrows or components thereof. It is hardly used and shall be in my hands in a week, to send on.

I hate to hear of such in our sport which is otherwise endowed with many good and decent souls. The criminal should be named and allowed to explain.

Let me know.

Ian Turner

#6 Post by Ian Turner » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:19 pm

I must agree with morgan that it would be good to know who the dodgey bowyer or supplier is and would like to hear their explanation.
I, and I am sure anyone else who is thinking about getting a bow made would like to know who not to go to.
Cheers

bigbob

#7 Post by bigbob » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:27 pm

that's a great gesture Morgan, slightly pre empting me, as I was debating offering to make a bow at cost for Tassie , but my finances wouldn't allow it at the moment.It leaves a sour taste in my mouth that people can apparently exploit others and sully everyone's name. That's the part that riles me, we might all get painted with the same brush simply by association on these pages alone.
razorbows.com

The Ranger

#8 Post by The Ranger » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:06 am

Tassietiger, have you received your new bow yet? I would also be very interested to see some photos and find out who you got it off. What poundage are you after? Recurve or longbow?

Ranger
Don't practise until you get it right. Practise until you don't get it wrong. Ranger Bows.

Tassietiger

#9 Post by Tassietiger » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:39 pm

Received my bow and knife via courier today, i have to say i am happy as larry with the goods , wish i had that talent , biw looks great and the knife is really well made too , after out phone conversation I was assured it was on its way and it surely was , I did promise the maker I would let the site know of the arrival. Unfortunately I still am having trouble to get in contact to let him know of its safe arrival , I left a pm to advise .
True to my word I won't slander anyone, he did contact me straight away and said he sent it, which he did . Thanks for the offer Bob a nice gesture ,

Regards tas

BEAST

#10 Post by BEAST » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:18 pm

Courier serves must be pretty bad down there is tassie mate if you only just received it lol
But I'm glad you finally got it
Norseman wrath longbow
Hoyt satori

bigbob

#11 Post by bigbob » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:02 pm

Glad it worked out for you, would have hated to see someone out that money and empty handed!
razorbows.com

morganp

#12 Post by morganp » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:48 pm

Glad you weren't 'ripped off and dissapointed'
And no 'gestures' required