Just curious

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

flyne

Re: Just curious

#31 Post by flyne » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:51 am

We just got new club polo shirts done and they cost the club about $25 ea il try and up load what they look like but they don't have a pocket
Jim
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (24.88 KiB) Viewed 3321 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (25.36 KiB) Viewed 3321 times
good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from poor judgement
Nothing is easy. That's why it's called hunting, and not killing

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#32 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:42 am

Thanks Kerry I never thought of them. Jim those shirts look good. If you have any details of where they got them done (if not local) etc could you please PM me the info thanks? Of course if we get enough numbers I will try my local printers also as I have had a lot of work done by them in years past.

Jeff

flyne

#33 Post by flyne » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:38 pm

Jeff we got them done locally and on the up side she is still doing small orders of only one or 2 items I'm waiting on a msg back from the bloke that put it all together for us of her contact details and as soon as I get them il pm u Jeff
Cheers jim
good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from poor judgement
Nothing is easy. That's why it's called hunting, and not killing

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#34 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:14 pm

Thanks Jim.

Jeff

Gringa Bows

#35 Post by Gringa Bows » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:59 pm

Just sittin here having a beer ,and thinking how much better it would taste if it was in an Ozbow cooler :mrgreen:

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#36 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:04 pm

:razz:

Jeff

Chase N. Nocks

#37 Post by Chase N. Nocks » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:58 pm

LB rod 55 wrote:Just sittin here having a beer ,and thinking how much better it would taste if it was in an Ozbow cooler :mrgreen:
What a load of nonsense! Like he is sitting there having one beer. :mrgreen:

Put me done for shirt and stubby holder (collar and pocket is my preference)

2 for kids sizes as well if it happens along those lines.

Cheers
Troy
I am an Archer. I am not a traditional archer, bowhunter, compound shooter or target archer.....I am an Archer
"Shooting the Stickbow"

....enforced by the "whistling grey-goose wing."
"The Witchery of Archery"

Gringa Bows

#38 Post by Gringa Bows » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:23 pm

One at a time Troy :biggrin:

little arrows

#39 Post by little arrows » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:10 pm

ok, Steve would like a collar and pocket only in Microfibre, as they are the coolest to shoot in, and I would like same material, collar, no pocket - and not in PINK or camo!!!!!!....................... :biggrin:

so LB can ya see where this is goin' mate - you will need many many sizes, there are quite a few robustly built chaps on ozbow, through to little ol' me which is also a kids size, and for goodness sake don't start askin' about colours.... :lol:

Could be more of a build it and they will come !!

Hey Jeff, ask Dave where when you see him, where he may be getting his shirts done, when he gets around to it. :smile:

cheers
sue

Roadie

#40 Post by Roadie » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:36 pm

Just a thought, as there are so many peole wanting a shirt of some description, and style, why don't we buy what we want then get someone who we might know with a embrodiery machine to do the embrodiery. Then pay Jeff a small fee for the use of the OZ bow logo to help with the running of the site. Just an Idea. Yea I know the Malt and pain killers have muddled my Grey matter. Cheers Roadie.

Chase N. Nocks

#41 Post by Chase N. Nocks » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:31 am

little arrows wrote:ok, Steve would like a collar and pocket only in Microfibre, as they are the coolest to shoot in, and I would like same material, collar, no pocket - and not in PINK or camo!!!!!!....................... :biggrin:

so LB can ya see where this is goin' mate - you will need many many sizes, there are quite a few robustly built chaps on ozbow, through to little ol' me which is also a kids size, and for goodness sake don't start askin' about colours.... :lol:

Could be more of a build it and they will come !!

Hey Jeff, ask Dave where when you see him, where he may be getting his shirts done, when he gets around to it. :smile:

cheers
sue
Well Sue, you have indeed opened up the next level of the discussion.

So I would like a choice of a Recurve in the logo, metal riser with static tip limbs. Preferably with the high grip but I won't insist on that.

Now as for the text on the shirt I think that the Comic Sans is the coolest. And there should be a Latin quote of some sort secretly blended into the logo.

Oh and my size will be XXXX Robust I am sorry to say. :sad:

Cheers
Troy
I am an Archer. I am not a traditional archer, bowhunter, compound shooter or target archer.....I am an Archer
"Shooting the Stickbow"

....enforced by the "whistling grey-goose wing."
"The Witchery of Archery"

Axefanatic

#42 Post by Axefanatic » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:35 am

I'm in for 1 adult shirt, 1 child shirt, 2 Stubbie holders. Pref polo style shirt but I'll go with the general consensus.

And I have been informed that xxxxl is actually SM. (small marquee) :mrgreen:

Also, if paid site memberships are available, im in for that too!
Give a man fire, he'll be warm for a few hours. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

rmcpb

#43 Post by rmcpb » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:39 pm

I'm up for a polo shirt and stubby holder.
Cheers
Rob Browne

Its OK to make a mistake,
Just try not to make the same one twice.........

Nephew

#44 Post by Nephew » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:08 pm

rodlonq wrote:Yer... I hear ya Craig. I could get by without the pocket but I have far too much sun damage to go without a collar...... I'd even opt for long sleeves it was available, I wear them all year round unless for sun protection (unless I'm in the shed then a Jackie Howe will do nicely :wink: ). Truth is I hate the bit at the front of tee-***** across the neck due to having so many barnacles there..... Perhaps a "grandpa style" tee-shirt with a button up front at the neck would be popular? Be ideal for knockin' around the shed 8) Maybe even a vee neck tee-shirt? If not, it wouldn't be the first time I've cut a normal tee shirt down the gullet to give me some room :lol:

Cheers Rod.
Roadie wrote:For me I prefer the collar and pocket mainly due to the fact that in my travells a lot of places I go to, clubs etc prefer them over just a T shirt. During the Day ok maybe, but at night a lot of places have a pretty strict Dress code. Just my thoughts on it . Cheers Roadie.
You blokes should feel no need to justify your choices to the likes of me, the joke was on me and my bogan background more than collars and pockets, fellas. I figure I wouldn't need a collar and pocket as those would be on the flanno I'd be wearing over it! :wink: :biggrin:
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

Gringa Bows

#45 Post by Gringa Bows » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:10 pm

Ay uncle Jeff,are we getting close to the number of shirts we need yet..... :biggrin:

Buranurra

#46 Post by Buranurra » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:10 pm

Just an idea here...

Have contributing memberships.

1. Bronze = $25 per annum (have under user name a bronze medal or words to this effect)
2. Silver = $35 per annum (have under user name a silver medal) includes 1 stubby holder
3. Gold = $55 per annum (have under user name a gold medal) includes 1 stubby holder and one T-shirt

... or something along those lines, costs and postage would probably need to be looked at to ensure this generates some money to go towards upkeep of the site as opposed to costing more.

Cheers

Jase
Predator: Custom, 60", 42# and 57# @28
Toelke: Whip Custom 62", 57# @28
Jack B Harrison : El Lobo 62", 58# @28

rodlonq

#47 Post by rodlonq » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:36 pm

Nephew wrote:
You blokes should feel no need to justify your choices to the likes of me, the joke was on me and my bogan background more than collars and pockets, fellas. I figure I wouldn't need a collar and pocket as those would be on the flanno I'd be wearing over it! :wink: :biggrin:
Yeah righto Nephew....... ya bloody stirrer :lol: What would be the point of wearing a super Ozbow tee shirt if yer gunna be wearin' a flanno over it...huh? The pigs'll never get to read about Ozbow :wink: An you bogans're always pickin' on us more cultured fellas with them hidden innuendo-ous type remarks. I fink I'll have anuver drink in my Stikbow Hunter eMagazine cooler for now :sulking:

Cheers...... Rod

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#48 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:59 pm

LB rod 55 wrote:Ay uncle Jeff,are we getting close to the number of shirts we need yet..... :biggrin:
Let's just say if this keeps up I may have to look into this stuff more closely I guess. :biggrin:
Buranurra wrote:Just an idea here...

Have contributing memberships.

1. Bronze = $25 per annum (have under user name a bronze medal or words to this effect)
2. Silver = $35 per annum (have under user name a silver medal) includes 1 stubby holder
3. Gold = $55 per annum (have under user name a gold medal) includes 1 stubby holder and one T-shirt

... or something along those lines, costs and postage would probably need to be looked at to ensure this generates some money to go towards upkeep of the site as opposed to costing more.
Thanks for your thoughts Jase but I rather just sell some shirts etc if we decide to go down that route. I have never liked ranking systems as we are all just members I reckon. :biggrin:

Jeff

Nephew

#49 Post by Nephew » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:04 pm

rodlonq wrote:
Nephew wrote:
Yeah righto Nephew....... ya bloody stirrer :lol: What would be the point of wearing a super Ozbow tee shirt if yer gunna be wearin' a flanno over it...huh? The pigs'll never get to read about Ozbow :wink: An you bogans're always pickin' on us more cultured fellas with them hidden innuendo-ous type remarks. I fink I'll have anuver drink in my Stikbow Hunter eMagazine cooler for now :sulking:

Cheers...... Rod
:lol: I've been caught out! Touche, Rod! :biggrin:

looseplucker

#50 Post by looseplucker » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:59 am

Count me in for stubby holder and shirt. 3 of each.
Are you well informed or is your news limited?

Dodger

#51 Post by Dodger » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:13 am

Stickbow Hunter wrote: Let's just say if this keeps up I may have to look into this stuff more closely I guess. :biggrin:
Jeff
G'day Jeff,

I'm in for two t-shirts.

Hope this tips the scale. :mrgreen:

Axe

#52 Post by Axe » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:33 am

I'll have a couple or three shirts, don't care what sort as I'm not a latte drinker nor am I a bogan...as long as they go with my tattoos :wink:
"If not Despicable, what then is Self Glorification?" Omar Khayyam

"natura non contristatur"

Gringa Bows

#53 Post by Gringa Bows » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:34 pm

Cough cough :mrgreen:

bear74

#54 Post by bear74 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:50 pm

I would be keen for both also :biggrin: Jeff might get some custom flanno's done for everyone :lol: which by the way would be cool by me 8)
Attachments
nephew.jpg
nephew.jpg (49.04 KiB) Viewed 3176 times
custom flanno.jpg
custom flanno.jpg (10.36 KiB) Viewed 3179 times
Last edited by bear74 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IF IT'S FERAL, IT'S IN PERIL!

Gringa Bows

#55 Post by Gringa Bows » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:08 pm

:lol: :lol:

bigbob

#56 Post by bigbob » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:08 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Still I thought the membership notion had a lot of merit, but can see it has inherent problems. I still sympathize with you Jeff re the hosting costs and it needs to be spread around.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

Jaydo

#57 Post by Jaydo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:14 pm

2 Shirts and 3 Stubby coolers here.
Makes it kind of like the belt buckles that were done a while ago, :smile:
A smile is priceless, yet can make so much difference

bear74

#58 Post by bear74 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:18 pm

i had that belt buckle put on a custom croc skin belt but someone knocked it off :x geez it looked cool :mrgreen: cant wait for my custom ozbow flanno now so it can take pride of place in my wardrobe :mrgreen:
IF IT'S FERAL, IT'S IN PERIL!

Nephew

#59 Post by Nephew » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:34 pm

bear74 wrote:I would be keen for both also :biggrin: Jeff might get some custom flanno's done for everyone :lol: which by the way would be cool by me 8)
:lol: That's hilarious! :lol: Onya, Bear! :biggrin:

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#60 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:35 pm

bear74 wrote:I would be keen for both also :biggrin: Jeff might get some custom flanno's done for everyone :lol: which by the way would be cool by me 8)
Now there's a thought but it would be cotton Bear as it's too hot in the northern parts. :mrgreen:

I have had other things on my plate of late so haven't done anything regarding the shirts etc. After Easter I might get to look into things some more. Thanks for your interest. :biggrin:

Jeff