Acacia Lane Archery

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

excelpoint

Acacia Lane Archery

#1 Post by excelpoint » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:14 pm

Just thought I would give a heads up to all. Found this on the net, looks like a great setup. Anyone been out there?

http://www.acacialanearchery.com.au/

Fanto

Re: Acacia Lane Archery

#2 Post by Fanto » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:12 pm

its just like Archery park in Adelaide. thats been going 20 years.

Awesome concept
"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold in the hearts of men" The Witchery of Archery, Maurice Thompson

perry

#3 Post by perry » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:29 am

Good on them for having a Go, build it and they will come !!!

Setting up something like this is my "Win the Lotto Dream" - The NO BS Archery Club - Big Camping Area, 5 3D Ranges, 2 Paper Target Ranges, Poppenjay, Clout and Flight Shooting, seperate Rifle / Shotgun Range. Most importantly Facilities set up for teaching Traditional Skills.

Might be worth dropping into for a Day Trip next August during the week Gap between the Mildura Shoot and the Lillydale Shoot.

regards Jacko
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:49 am

Things aren't explained very well on their web site. I hope the beginners have an experienced person with them as they shoot the courses. Also if the price list means it is going to cost me nearly $1.00 an arrow to shoot the twenty target course, no thanks. :shock:

Jeff

longbowinfected

#5 Post by longbowinfected » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:28 am

very expensive to take your family and hire gear. No mention of insurance cover although I doubt anyone would start anything like this without obtaining cover.

Perry, I agree about the "dream" I would add extra classrooms and dormitory accommodation and use the facilities for other training and corporate adventure. Only trouble is I forget to buy the winning ticket, er actually [m]any tickets. At least the dream costs nothing.

Kevin
never complain....you did not have to wake up....every day is an extra bonus and costs nothing.

Fanto

#6 Post by Fanto » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:44 am

Ouch thats expensive.

archery park Adelaide is $10 bucks, you get all day access to 2 x 20 target courses plus a practice range, but on the other hand the indoor range in moorabbin, vic, cost me $20 bucks for 2 hrs
"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold in the hearts of men" The Witchery of Archery, Maurice Thompson

excelpoint

#7 Post by excelpoint » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:56 am

$50-$60 for a family of four nowadays is pretty good. To take my family to the movies on a weekend costs $75-$80 with only one big popcorn and two drinks between us.

wishsong

#8 Post by wishsong » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:19 am

I think its great to see another archery business in Australia and opportunity for people have a go . Also joining a club is just not practical for many archers so if such operations are run well it can only be a positive .

Matt ... we should go out there and check it out and give them some patronage .

And yep ... Perry, Kev and myself have the same Tatts winning dream ... !

excelpoint

#9 Post by excelpoint » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:03 am

Sounds like a plan Ben. Take the kids and have some FUN

Chase N. Nocks

#10 Post by Chase N. Nocks » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:27 am

perry wrote:Good on them for having a Go, build it and they will come !!!

Setting up something like this is my "Win the Lotto Dream" - The NO BS Archery Club - Big Camping Area, 5 3D Ranges, 2 Paper Target Ranges, Poppenjay, Clout and Flight Shooting, seperate Rifle / Shotgun Range. Most importantly Facilities set up for teaching Traditional Skills.

Might be worth dropping into for a Day Trip next August during the week Gap between the Mildura Shoot and the Lillydale Shoot.

regards Jacko
Good dream mate. I've had one similar as well.

Throw in a couple of these http://www.archers-review.com/archery-k ... get-throwe and I reckon you would get a regular crowd.

Henry Bodnik of Bear Paw fame seems to have quite an amazing set up where he has his Traditional Archery School. Can be seen in one of his DVD's

Cheers
Troy
I am an Archer. I am not a traditional archer, bowhunter, compound shooter or target archer.....I am an Archer
"Shooting the Stickbow"

....enforced by the "whistling grey-goose wing."
"The Witchery of Archery"