New Tv show

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

RobHunter

New Tv show

#1 Post by RobHunter » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi all

New US show called arrow, don't know if it will appear here, but those who know how can source it. I'd be interested to know if anyone would use a recurve bow for clouting people lol, This is his main weapon.

"Arrow is a modern retelling of the adventures of legendary DC hero Green Arrow. After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific. When he returns home to Starling City, his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, and best friend Tommy welcome him home, but they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island"

Quote is from EZTV site

Rgds rob

Bill
Supporter
Supporter

Re: New Tv show

#2 Post by Bill » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:57 pm

:smile: Yes it will be on our screens in 2013....... and yes, I believe it is based around the Green Arrow story.
Last edited by Bill on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

nimrod

#3 Post by nimrod » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:27 am

if you want to watch it now go to projectfree-tv and watch there ( or if you have realplayer download and watch later ) cheers

wishsong

#4 Post by wishsong » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:35 am

A a long time Green Arrow nerd and collector [ comics , t shirts , figures ... anything ... yep sad I know ] I am a tad nervous as to how they'll do this show

If they are keeping to the modern original as per Mike Grell's [ a hunting longbowman himself ] fine mini series "The Longbow Hunters" , they'd have him using the Howard Hill bow that ol Howard gave to him after teaching the youngster to shoot ... who then uses his Hill longbow to kill and eat wild goats whilst starving on a remote deserted island ... til he finds himself living with bad guy drug dealers and then uses his Longbow to dispel justice .. all very very cool with great artwork and many nods to Howard Hill

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Hill
this references Hill and the Green Arrow a fair bit
Attachments
greenarrow.jpg
greenarrow.jpg (68.39 KiB) Viewed 1854 times

kerrille

#5 Post by kerrille » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:20 pm

have been watching arrow and have seen 6 episodes,im not sure about it yet it seems ok ,nothing like down loading straight from the states

...nev...
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont

littlejohn59

#6 Post by littlejohn59 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:59 pm

:arrow: I have seen the first 3 episodes. Don't pick the eyes out of it. Watch it and enjoy for what it is..... entertainment and escapism. It is entertaining. :arrow:

Gilly

#7 Post by Gilly » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:34 am

I love it, up to episode 6 so far, I do wonder how the hell he gets all that green stuff off his face so quickly :lol:

Bandsaw

#8 Post by Bandsaw » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:50 am

The show i great, I am only up to ep 5 atm and I'm loving it being a massive green arrow fan. I recommend reading as many issues you can get your hands on. I just finished reading the 'Quiver' story line which was great.

Wishsong, the show is apparently loosely based on the comic series, Green Arrow Year One, a re-telling of his origins where he makes a bow from the leaf spring of a generator he finds on the island.

Ben :mrgreen:
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on. - Billy Connolly

wishsong

#9 Post by wishsong » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:05 am

Ben , two Green Arrow buffs both named Ben ?

cool .....

cheers

Ben

Bandsaw

#10 Post by Bandsaw » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:58 am

Ben,
How can you tell I'm a green arrow buff? Lol :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .
Ben
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on. - Billy Connolly