It's Time

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Roadie

It's Time

#1 Post by Roadie » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:14 pm

The Wagon is packed, Horses fed & watered. On our way again, upto Alice Springs for the Masters Games, we then have 4/5 days to get to GYMPIES 2nd TRAD SHOOT. Hopefully the Bride & I will catch up with you All then. Cheers Roadie.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: It's Time

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:15 pm

Have a great time and safe travels!!!

Jeff

jcm

#3 Post by jcm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:22 pm

Enjoy the Road Trip
Regards

John

Gringa Bows

#4 Post by Gringa Bows » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:23 pm

Hope Heather and you have a safe trip mate,say g'day to Ferd and Fran when you see them :wink:

hazard

#5 Post by hazard » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:39 pm

Travel safe mate
Politics is a game played by dishonest people to gain an unfair advantage!

Never under estimate the strength of a cornered coward.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

http://www.bowmanstaxidermy.com.au

bigbob

#6 Post by bigbob » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:02 pm

Be good to catch up with yourself and Heather, Grant at Gympie. Cu soon
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

little arrows

#7 Post by little arrows » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:14 pm

Have a good trip Roadie and Heather and don't forget your little progress updates.
Seeya soon. :smile:

cheers
sue

Bent Stick

#8 Post by Bent Stick » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:44 pm

Safe travels
If your not having fun, your doing it for all the wrong reasons

Roadie

#9 Post by Roadie » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:45 pm

We are here in Alice Springs, A lot of Road Kill on the way, unfortunatley I had added my share to the road, 1 snake, 2 goannas and 1 Roo, missed the first one, second one went between the back of the Ute and caravan,got hooked up in the Towbar and was dragged under. Result little damage but Mr Roo was put down, no more suffering. The Eagles on the side of the road were also a problem, Big & Fat from all the fresh meat, very slow in getting out of your way. All is OK just relaxing and catching up with Mates. Start the Games on Sunday and shoot for the next 7 Days. Cheers ALL Roadie.

blu-dog

#10 Post by blu-dog » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:55 pm

Glad to hear that you got there safely! Enjoy the shoot mate!!!
The best trophies I can hope to acquire as a husband, father, friend or hunter are MEMORIES!
They will travel with me wherever life's path leads...

Roadie

#11 Post by Roadie » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:26 pm

Not Happy, that damm Roo did more damage than first thought. The tyre on the right side of the Van was slowly going down, so took wheel of pumped up tyre and place it in the water tank, bubbles started straight away, the Rim had a hairline fracture, air escapping,also noticed large hunk of rubber missing from tyre.
So I need a new rim & tyre at least. Anyone tried to buy a second hand HT holden rim of late. They are scarce & rare.
So after a couple of hrs driving around Alice, checking out all the wrecking yards, I am sent to a place that supplies Bearings Etc. Yes He can help me, but I Have to Buy 2 Rims so they match, as they are the sunraysia style type. Can't have Odd rims now can we, also the tyre is looking a bit sad as well. So 2 new rims and 2 new tyres for the Van. Oh well just imagine what could have happenned if the rim had seperated when mobile.
Comps start on Sunday, a week of slinging arrows. Cheers Roadie.

bigbob

#12 Post by bigbob » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:36 pm

Gee Roadie you could have at least skinned that snake so i could back a bow with it :lol: :biggrin: :biggrin: Looking forward to seeing you and heather at Gympie. Just re read your post Grant . Forgot to commiserate with you on the car troubles. That would have hurt.I owned an SVI valiant for a number of years and struck the same problems.C u at Gympie.
Last edited by bigbob on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
razorbows.com

rodlonq

#13 Post by rodlonq » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:57 pm

Roadie wrote:Not Happy, that damm Roo did more damage than first thought. The tyre on the right side of the Van was slowly going down, so took wheel of pumped up tyre and place it in the water tank, bubbles started straight away, the Rim had a hairline fracture, air escapping,also noticed large hunk of rubber missing from tyre.
So I need a new rim & tyre at least. Anyone tried to buy a second hand HT holden rim of late. They are scarce & rare.
So after a couple of hrs driving around Alice, checking out all the wrecking yards, I am sent to a place that supplies Bearings Etc. Yes He can help me, but I Have to Buy 2 Rims so they match, as they are the sunraysia style type. Can't have Odd rims now can we, also the tyre is looking a bit sad as well. So 2 new rims and 2 new tyres for the Van. Oh well just imagine what could have happenned if the rim had seperated when mobile.
If I could say anything that is useful Grant, it would be set up your van to have the same rims as your vehicle. It may cost a bit more, but as you say (and I have been there), the HT rims are hard to find. Just think about how much you could ask for your other good HT rim if you change over (new hubs, bearings and maybe even brake cylinders, think of the short term reliability). I say forget about stayin' with HT rims, and when you have your van / trailer hooked up it means you have 2 spares that will go on either the vehicle or the trailer. It may not be best for interchangeability to have road radials on the car and LT's on the van, but at least you can get out of an otherwise sticky situation.

I hope it all goes well for you anyways. I saw your photo in the latest Archery Action too, good one mate. I am a few years behind but I hope to catch up with the travelling around bit sooner or later (still got kids in school and uni so the nose is to the grindstone for me for now).

Wassail...... Rod

hazard

#14 Post by hazard » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:53 pm

Roadie wrote:Not Happy, that damm Roo did more damage than first thought. The tyre on the right side of the Van was slowly going down, so took wheel of pumped up tyre and place it in the water tank, bubbles started straight away, the Rim had a hairline fracture, air escapping,also noticed large hunk of rubber missing from tyre.
I am pleased you made it to town before the whole kit gave it in! You have one consolation the worst hit first so you can only finish off with the best! :wink:
You'll probably win the bloody comp :mrgreen:

Cheers
Hazard

Roadie

#15 Post by Roadie » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:59 am

Morning All, Watered & Fed, we are on the Road for Gympie, up to Tenant Creek, 3 Ways turn off, out onto the Barkly Highway, hopefully get to Barkly homestead tonight 700 klm run, Temp has been in the high 30's, on Sat morning shoot it was 42 degrees when we had finished. See you All at Gympie soon. Cheers Roadie.

Roadie

#16 Post by Roadie » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:25 pm

We are here at Barkly Homestead, did 715 Klms, Hell Aust is a Big country, Fuel out this way,$1:80 to $2:30 per liter. Still got 250klms to the Qld border, hoping to reach Mackinley or Kyuna tomorrow night. Have to be Barcaldine Tuesday night, A good mate is supplying the Haggis, washed down with some great Malt whiskies, still hoping to make Gympie thursday night. Cheers All, Roadie.

hazard

#17 Post by hazard » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:44 pm

Roadie wrote:, A good mate is supplying the Haggis, washed down with some great Malt whiskies
:shock: :shock:

OK Malt I will share with you anywhere but I don't know whether I have ever had Haggis, Any good?

Safe travels good mate.

Hazard

bigbob

#18 Post by bigbob » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:14 pm

hazard wrote:
Roadie wrote:, A good mate is supplying the Haggis, washed down with some great Malt whiskies
:shock: :shock:

OK Malt I will share with you anywhere but I don't know whether I have ever had Haggis, Any good?

Safe travels good mate.

Hazard
Think its made from sheeps guts! I'll take a rain check!
razorbows.com

Roadie

#19 Post by Roadie » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:54 pm

YES it's sheep stomach, what wrong with that, Hearts , liver , Kidneys, sheeps brains. sweat meats (NZ oysters), that is the trouble with todays society we have be come to sanitized with what we eat. To many people live of JUNK FOOD.
How many of us leave what we shoot for the dogs or Eagles. Try drinking Blood & milk, eat horse meat, who can tell the difference between Rabbit & Cat. Time for a Malt. Cheers Roadie.

hazard

#20 Post by hazard » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Roadie wrote:YES it's sheep stomach, what wrong with that, Hearts , liver , Kidneys, sheeps brains. sweat meats (NZ oysters), that is the trouble with todays society we have be come to sanitized with what we eat. To many people live of JUNK FOOD.
How many of us leave what we shoot for the dogs or Eagles. Try drinking Blood & milk, eat horse meat, who can tell the difference between Rabbit & Cat. Time for a Malt. Cheers Roadie.
You will have to try hard to gross me out ( My old man makes slovenly look like wanderly wagon! :shock: ) I am good for anything like that, but haven't tried it.

We will have to discuss this over a Malt! :mrgreen:

Hazard

jcm

#21 Post by jcm » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:12 pm

Roadie- parcel packed - will arrange for courier to collect.
Hazard- Next you be wearing the Tartan and quoting from the baird.
Regards

John

bigbob

#22 Post by bigbob » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:13 pm

jcm wrote:Roadie- parcel packed - will arrange for courier to collect.
Hazard- Next you be wearing the Tartan and quoting from the baird.
Regards

John
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
razorbows.com

jonow

#23 Post by jonow » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:01 pm

Wish I had read this thread earlier, sounds like you have gone straight past us here in Camooweal. If I'd a known you could a come in for a cuppa!!
Hope you enjoyed our nice weather at this time if year :)

Jono
"Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them" Psalm 127

Roadie

#24 Post by Roadie » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:14 pm

Jono, we stayed in Camooweal for at least 3/4hr just to relax, fueled up and had an iceream, the drive from Barklly Homestead is a doozy, It's a pity we didn't meet up with you. We are Sth of Rocky tonight, my night in Barcaldine with our Friends was a HOOT, great feed and some Red Wines and have still have Half a bottle of Malt left. Will reach Gympie some time tommorow. Cheers All.

bigbob

#25 Post by bigbob » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:21 pm

C u in Gympie and safe travelling :smile: :smile:
razorbows.com

little arrows

#26 Post by little arrows » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:35 pm

seeya tomorrow Roadie.

cheers
sue

Roadie

#27 Post by Roadie » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:43 pm

We is Here, a long with little arrows and friends All is good, time to party and shoot. Cheers Roadie.

Roadie

#28 Post by Roadie » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:00 pm

Well it was an excellent shoot, and now we must leave. We are at Nanango now to see the Granchildren, will stay stay overnight and then on down to the Gold Coast for the Pan Pacific Masters next weekend, and then the Bride has Told (Ordered) me to make our way Home. Cheers All Roadie.

Roadie

#29 Post by Roadie » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:09 pm

We are here at Pacific Bowmen's Club at Reedy Creek for the shoot on the weekend. All is well, stayed with friends at Tambourine last night. Cheers All Roadie.

stringnstik

#30 Post by stringnstik » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Good to hear all is going well mate.
"I am the arrow..the arrow is me...together as one...I fly to thee"
"the stick maybe crooked and the string hath no form,
then married by bowyer, transforms when first drawn"
"twang....thud"