moving on

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

bigbob

moving on

#1 Post by bigbob » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:21 pm

Picture a dog with 50 fleas and not knowing which way to spin. Thats an accurate description of myself at the moment. My dearly beloved and I are members of the 'empty nest' syndrome, and have decided to bite the bullet and down- size as the big octagonal house i built on my lonesome 7 years ago is now just too extravagant for just the two of us. Why I'm running about like a headless chook is because I am doing all the small jobs I never quite got around to finish off when I built it. Rock retaining wall [between rain squalls] a bit of plastering, painting, regrouting,deck refurbishment etcetera etcetera.Thing is my order just turned up from binghams which means I'm right to go for a bow I have in the pipeline. If it works out it should be a real looker, using that mystery timber I mentioned before in another post in the riser.Best guess is , is that its some sort of european oak. Trouble is there is just so much to do to get our house ready for sale, and I dont want to snatch a few hours and rush the build. Saw the house I would like , price is right and its on the side of a hill with scrub behind and both sides and only neighbours are below and its only about 2 k from town centre.My eyes couldnt leave all that timber all about and even saw a good wind fall on this houses land.All depends on getting our house ready while hoping this one is still there . Propery prices here have fell about 30% but if one is buying and selling in the same market there is little difference.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

kerry
Supporter
Supporter

Re: moving on

#2 Post by kerry » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:13 pm

Hope it all goes well for you Bob . all the best Kerry :surprised:
Life is not a fairy tale,if you lose a shoe at midnight , you're drunk.

Roadie

#3 Post by Roadie » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:17 pm

Nothing ventured nothing gained. Always think positive. To Hell with it, DO IT MAN. Cheers Roadie.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:00 pm

All the best with everything Bob and I hope the new place has a good workshop. :biggrin:

Jeff

little arrows

#5 Post by little arrows » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:04 pm

Hey Bob,

whatta they say = onward and upward..... Big deep breathe and just let it all happen, one thing at a time............easy for me to say, I'm not the one moving..... :lol:

take care mate and hope it all goes well - with everything.

cheers
sue

hazard

#6 Post by hazard » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:07 pm

Solutions sometime have a way ofpresenting themselves, Good luck mate.

Hazard
Politics is a game played by dishonest people to gain an unfair advantage!

Never under estimate the strength of a cornered coward.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

http://www.bowmanstaxidermy.com.au

bigbob

#7 Post by bigbob » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:13 pm

Thanks one and all for the best wishes, but the funny thing is after taking 22 months to build this house totally on my own and it has 3 levels being 7.5m high at the peak, I swore then I'd dropped anchor for good. All my chickens now have found a roost on my shoulders and are weighing me down each time I climb our stairs so we are opting for a house thats built on a flat slab.The one I would like doesnt have a shed even but that could be fixed easy enough and all that TIMBER surrounding it! Gotta find a few hours spare to do this current bow project 'cause its gonna bug me big time 'till I do!
razorbows.com

dawallace45

#8 Post by dawallace45 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:11 pm

Bob
Know what you mean , I spent two years building this place and only finished it a few years ago , just got the workshop the way I want it

But we have decided to sell out from where we are and move , the main reason is my wife's work , my wife works for one of the big four banks here in Australia in a management position and while she works from home most of the time she has to travel to one of the branches on a weekly basis , when we moved here her job meant that when she traveled it was mainly north and west of here and only some times to the south ,

Her area went out about 1000 km to the west and about 500 km to the north and 300 km to the south and when we moved here it put her close to the main branches she had to visit , that has since changed and her main area is to the south , the move will now put her with in a half hour drive of most of the branches she has to visit and only a hour and a half from the rest , it will also put me with in 10 to 15 minutes of some of the best fishing , crabbing and kayaking places any where up and down the Queensland coast

It will be a shame to move as I've only just got the place finished to my satisfaction and have got half way through putting a 15 target field archery range in the back paddock , but the places we have our eyes on are only two acres and the up keep will be easier on them and that is a good thing since my back is getting worse

The area we are in is on the edge of a big boom area with lots of big project going on and huge accommodation problems , they are expecting a influx of 40,000 in the next couple of years and prices are going up , while lots of people like boom areas I'm not one of them ,

Any way if you want to buy a house with five acres

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-h ... -109071486

David

bigbob

#9 Post by bigbob » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:09 pm

Just took a few minutes off from sanding, painting and plastering to check out the posts.Gonna stay around the Nambour area, as I have family about these parts.I have enough improvements to do to take me at least another month, working 8 - 10 hours a day every day so I dont know when my bow project will get done.With the depressed market here I dont want any thing that might impact the sale price, and if it just costs me my labour and a few bucks but saves possible thousands then the effort will be worth it. These days I cant stand noise and hoons and want a little place in a quiet area.Trouble is this area I'm in was terrific when we first moved here but a lot of the houses are now rented out and boy do we get some absolute ferals moving in. no respect for any one or anything.And a merry xmas to one and all.{ I just fell off my soapbox and it jolted me back to reality.]
razorbows.com

Gringa Bows

#10 Post by Gringa Bows » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:12 pm

Dont work too hard Bob :wink:

Nephew

#11 Post by Nephew » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:24 pm

Do you need a hand, Bob? Once Xmas is done I'll have heaps of time on my hands.
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

dawallace45

#12 Post by dawallace45 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:54 am

Bob

I just spent the last month and a half cleaning up and finishing off any little jobs around the place so I know how it goes

Yeah , not much into noise my self , we have been lucky here that pretty much all our neighbors are quite and easy to get along with , also we don't have a crime rate here , most of the older residents have never locked their doors even when they go away for holidays , hell most of them wouldn't even know where their door keys were , but I suppose that will change in the next few years

Also there are a number of people in the street that are into archery , I've made several converts in the time I've been here , but it's better for my wife to be close to her work and Maryborough is the best place for that

David

bigbob

#13 Post by bigbob » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:48 pm

I gotta Rod or it wont get done. Thanks for the offer Craig, but I think its under control, and besides these days I'm a cranky ol'
b#@$%^d when things arent going right. Once I have the main jobs done and it goes on the market I should have plenty of time then, and if so and you still are keen the offer still stands to come up and knock out your own bow.Yeah David Miriam Vale sounds like how my original home town of Charters Towers was years ago. We could be in a pub, get up to go for a leak and leave all your cash sitting on the bar top and it never got touched, cars and houses were left unlocked , same thing.In later years things changed. Down here one can hardly trust anyone.Havent had any thieving at my place but the area has been hit a few times. Guess they have heard I''m a mad b@#$%d Same most places I guess.You should at least get to enjoy the great fishing, which is something I havent done enough of lately.Hope it works out well for you and your missus.As an aside my missus spent 12 years before working for a bank and nearly drove her bonkers.
razorbows.com

dawallace45

#14 Post by dawallace45 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:34 pm

Bob

Yeah I know Charters Towers , was a place we looked at before we decided to move to Clermont , but it shares the same problems Clermont does , it's too bloody hot and dry and that way why we moved here .

Yeah the move will make it a lot easier for Shirley , she likes her job and is good at it , she did 20 years at Westpac , the last 4 or 5 as Manager at Redcliffe and the last 15 years at ANZ , she is regional controller for Agri-business for the Wide Bay area for ANZ

The move just cuts down her traveling by a huge margin .

David