best way to ship one piece bows interstate?? help

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

sambar

best way to ship one piece bows interstate?? help

#1 Post by sambar » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:01 am

hi there i have someone interested in a couple of bows i have for sale on the forum but they are too long to send via auspost i think. What is the cheapest and safest way to send them?

cheers
Stepping out into the wild with only a bow and arrow in hand in better then sex

Flatliner

Re: best way to ship one piece bows interstate?? help

#2 Post by Flatliner » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:26 am

I resently sent a 68" bow from Cairns to the Newcastle area with Toll/Ipec, cost $50, it would have been $25 and airfreighted if I had an account with them. Hope this helps.

Rob.
The shortest distance between two points is a FLATLINE
ImageEmail; robnicoll(at)bigpond(dot)com
www.flatlinebows.com.au

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:12 pm

Try the Bus Companies or I use Australian Air Express and get a 3kg Pre Paid Docket for about $23.00 but no insurance.

Jeff

looseplucker

#4 Post by looseplucker » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:57 pm

I used Universal Express - pretty good rate too. Hazard - can you recall what that cost to send the bow from Canberra to you?
Are you well informed or is your news limited?

Gringa Bows

#5 Post by Gringa Bows » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:11 pm

i sent another bow yesterday through Australian Air Express,it cost me $19.70 ,i take them to Quantas at the airport :biggrin: it was a 70in

Bent Stick

#6 Post by Bent Stick » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:59 pm

And I got the bow delivered at 2 today, thanks Rod it's bucketing down at the moment or I'd be shooting it
If your not having fun, your doing it for all the wrong reasons

sambar

#7 Post by sambar » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Cheers I will look into a few of them.
Stepping out into the wild with only a bow and arrow in hand in better then sex

hazard

#8 Post by hazard » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:09 pm

looseplucker wrote:I used Universal Express - pretty good rate too. Hazard - can you recall what that cost to send the bow from Canberra to you?
I think it was about $70 but not $50 thats for sure.

Hazard
Politics is a game played by dishonest people to gain an unfair advantage!

Never under estimate the strength of a cornered coward.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

http://www.bowmanstaxidermy.com.au

dawallace45

#9 Post by dawallace45 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:11 am

I recently sent a bow from Gladstone Qld to Frankston Victoria and it was a night mare , I rang Australia Air Express and got a quote over the phone of $40 but when I took it into the air port to send it the lady measured it up and some how come up with a price of $2870 , I told her that price was ridiculous in the extreme and much higher than I'd been quoted over the phone so she measured up again and put it into the computer [ the bow was packaged in a length of pvc drain pipe and was 1.8m long by 9 cm in dia and weighed in at just a fraction over 2 kg ] , this time she come up with $1760 , I told her it was still ridiculous and she must be putting the figures in wrong and that I was quoted $40 over the phone so she rang up to see if she was doing some thing wrong and then come up with $280 , I said still wrong so she rang again and then come up with $80 , I then asked about pre paid satchels but was told that I needed a account so I asked about setting up a account but she told me I couldn't do it there and would have to do it over the internet , this wasn't a option as I live about 70 km from town and with the roadworks going on it was a hour and a half each way , so I buggered off to check out Greyhound freight , well their computer was down and they couldn't give me a quote or book it for me , but they did give me a number to ring , so I rang it and couldn't get through , tried several times and couldn't get through any of the times , then started the slow exploration of the freight companies , 4 hours later I'd had many more quotes ranging from $80 to $300 and several more that wouldn't give me a quote and told me that I'd have to ring up my self to their head office , no they couldn't ring for me , and the ones that give a quote told me that I'd need to open a account with their head office , no I couldn't do it there , I'd have to go home and do it over the internet , I eventually got onto greyhound freight and got a price and booking over the phone , $41 , delivered to the door , they sent the paper work to my home computer but told me that all I needed to do was write the con note number on the parcel with marker pen and it would be fine , unfortunately the parcel went astray for a while , it was sent on the 23rd of Nov , it seems that a 1.8 metre piece of white pvc pipe is hard for their people to see and they kept missing it , they rang me Friday to say they had found it and it would be delivered today the 5th of December , I'm keeping my fingers crossed

David

Gringa Bows

#10 Post by Gringa Bows » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:18 am

Dont know what happened,i've sent one piece bows 66 to 70in all around oz $19.70 and almost always gets there the next day,even W.A. unless i send it on a friday,then it would be there monday......

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#11 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:27 am

Yeah Dave I too have not had trouble with AAE but I think a lot of it has to do with where you live and who operates the local depot. :roll:

Jeff

dawallace45

#12 Post by dawallace45 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:41 pm

One of the guys from one of the transport companies reckoned that in Gladstone most of the transport wasn't interested in walk in business as they had enough with their corporate clients to keep them busy

Just got a email from Jimmy the bow finally arrived

David

hazard

#13 Post by hazard » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:23 pm

My company has thousands of packages sent daily without fail......But I frequently get absolute crackers that go bad in the worst possible ways :x I deal with Arnotts Biscuits and have goods sent there frequently

One day I got a call from Toll explaining the courier couldn't find them! A gate I might add that you could drive 3 Semi trailors through side by side! To miss this gate takes some F!@$#!!!! doing!

I had to drive to the front gat of this place to flag this "Moron" down!!! The fact the guy had driven past it I dont know how mant times didn't surprise me when I met the guy!!! :roll:

I get the impression there can be some not so clever people in every organization we deal with but I am convinced they are more often a courier!

May I suggest you place a formal complaint "in writing" giving a NAME, location,prices and an accurate account of your frustration. Maybe then the Dullard responsible for giving you such ridiculous information will get a wake up call from some ego maniac in their management.

Thats what I do :mrgreen: Vishwa Yakraptinma Vindaloo had a very bad day! :biggrin:

Hazard
Politics is a game played by dishonest people to gain an unfair advantage!

Never under estimate the strength of a cornered coward.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

http://www.bowmanstaxidermy.com.au

dawallace45

#14 Post by dawallace45 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:45 am

Hazard

At one time when I had a small business selling and repairing computers I would be getting courier deliveries every day , I didn't keep much stock and ordered as I needed and being in a small country town it was the only way to get stock , much of my stuff come through AAE [ Australia Air Express ] , at one time a scanner I had ordered went astray so I rang AAE to track it , I was given another number to ring that turned out to be in Sydney , I told them the problem and gave them the Con note number , they told me that they weren't able to track the con note from there , so I asked them to get it tracked and get back to me , they said they couldn't and then asked me again where the scanner was sent from and on what day and where it was going to , I told them and gave my address which was Clermont Central Queensland and the post code , they then said "Oh , that's in Rockhampton " I said no we are 4 hours by road away from Rockhampton , they then told me that I must be mistaken as the computer definitely said that I was in Rockhampton ,

It seems that if your post code is close to another one the computer lumped you in with the closest large city , the person from AAE couldn't grasp that while she might live in a large city where changing post codes is only the matter of a few miles it's different in the bush , any way she kept arguing that the reason my scanner had gotten lost was because my address was wrong and kept saying that Clermont was in Rockhampton even though I explained to her that I had lived there for 8 years and definitely knew where I lived , any way I got sick of that and asked to speak to a supervisor , I was then with very bad grace put onto a supervisor and explained the problem , she looked it up on the computer and told me I must be confused as my post code said I was in Rockhampton and Clermont was in Perth , I told her I was definitely 400 km away from Rockhampton and it was Claremont not Clermont that was in Perth , she then told me that I was delusional , I was still calm at this point and again stated I knew where I lived and it was Clermont Central Queensland , a hour north of Emerald and and about three hours west of Mackay , she then accused me of either being stupid or crazy as Queensland was a suburb of Sydney , I told her , No , Queensland is that big state just above NSW , she said that there wasn't any state above NSW , I then told her yes there was and Qld become a self governing colony in 1858 and a state in 1901 , she then told me there were only 4 Australian states and they were NSW , Victoria , South Australia and Perth , I asked if english was her first language , she said yes , she was born in Penrith and I could go F#$% my self and hung up ,

I've come to the conclusion that the world is full of idiots and there is no point arguing with them , it only bring you down to their level where they can beat you with experience and numbers [ yes the idiots do out number us ]

Any time I had a parcel go astray it was through AAE , never had a problem with TNT , Never had a problem with a parcel going missing through Followmont either but did have a problem with them arriving in pieces

David

Gringa Bows

#15 Post by Gringa Bows » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:48 am

Thats what happens when you live in Rocky,i thought NSW was a town in Queensland :lol: