Out of the closet !

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

FENZ

Out of the closet !

#1 Post by FENZ » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:38 pm

G,day to all at Ozbow

Im just another trad addicted arrow flinger ,names Darren and im currently based in Bundy Qld. Recently bought the Blackswan longbow of Chis as for sale in Trading blanket (beautiful stick)

Thought it was time to introduce myself as ive been surfing the site for quite sometime ,so i spose im finally out of the closet,ha ha

Fisherman for near on twenty years, currently driving cane trains(& miss the ocean still!)

Im an Aussie bloke who loves his bows, fishing & the odd Coopers pale ale (necter of the gods)

Shoot both recurve & longbow & just trying my hand at making my first woodens (any advice wouldnt go astray)

Any blokes in the Bundy area who have the same interests shoot me a pm cause it would be great to cast an arrow or three and talk archery ( maybe enjoy a beer)

Cheers Darren

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Out of the closet !

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:42 pm

Welcome to the site Darren and I'm glad you finally introduced yourself. There is a motley bunch of blokes on here from Bundy so I'm sure they will give you a holler. :lol:

Jeff

Gringa Bows

#3 Post by Gringa Bows » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:42 pm

Welcome to Ozbow Darren , there's a few of us ozbowers in Bundy that shoot some arras together,we'll have to hook up sometime if ya want.... :biggrin:

Nephew

#4 Post by Nephew » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:48 pm

Welcome Darren, seems Bundy is rapidly becoming the trad bowhunting capital of Qld! :biggrin:

blu-dog

#5 Post by blu-dog » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:54 pm

G'day mate! Love making the wooden arrows!
Don't be shy and feel free to contact LBrod55, Keith Lee, Gidget or myself if we can help out... I've got a bit of arrow making gear here too if I can help out with anything.
Cheers,
Paul

Roadie

#6 Post by Roadie » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Right on Darren, not so much a motley bunch as Jeff said, more ZZ Top types, be aware when they invite you out to a shoot, you might need some waders. Cheers Roadie.

Nutgrass

#7 Post by Nutgrass » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:02 pm

Roadie wrote:Right on Darren, not so much a motley bunch as Jeff said, more ZZ Top types, be aware when they invite you out to a shoot, you might need some waders. Cheers Roadie.

We really did leave an impression on you mate :wink: Didn't we :lol: :lol: You wanna see it now, it's dry as a bone :shock:

Welcome Darren, like the others have said, there is a couple of us in Bundy. Give one of us a yell & we can organise something 8)

Keith Lee

#8 Post by Keith Lee » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:01 pm

Welcome to Ozbow Darren i through motely crew was a rock band.
cheers. Keith.
Childers.

FENZ

#9 Post by FENZ » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:26 am

Thanks for the welcome,its good to know there are so many trad archery addicts in Bundy!
I appreciate the offers of catching up & look forward to doing so as soon as the crush is over(bit hard to organise things around shift work)
As far as a motley crew go ,being a fisherman for so long ive known just a few of them,
The hospitality shown by trad archers to others who show an interest into the sport (way of life)never fails to surprise me,i attended the Gladstone bowhunters club yesterday as a guest & was made to feel welcome.I had a great morning flinging arrows with son & others(both trad & compound) talking bows and having a good laugh.
So thanks to everyone in Bundy & Gladstone.

Cheers Darren

Gringa Bows

#10 Post by Gringa Bows » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:58 am

Yep they're a great mob up in Gladdy :biggrin:

kimall

#11 Post by kimall » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:15 pm

Mate if you have met the Bundy and Glady dont forget there are NORMAL people in the rest of the state that shoot trad too. :razz:
Cheers KIM

Kanin-maskwa

#12 Post by Kanin-maskwa » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:09 pm

Whew! Darren, when I read the title of your post I thought you were going to say you like wheelie bows! Lol
Welcome lots of great and helpful guys here to be sure.
Cheers
Shawnee