Supercheap Auto “is everything auto and much much more"!!!

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Supercheap Auto “is everything auto and much much more"!!!

#1 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:01 pm

I'm sure we have all seen and heard those Supercheap adds on the tele. Well while we were out hunting at Cunnamulla this last trip we found out that they really do sell more than “everything auto”.

Young Moreton hadn't given up the smokes before the trip so each time the Cruiser came to a halt it was a mad dash out the door and smoke signals being sent skyward. Oh well we just gave him what for and told him probably a couple.... nah better make that more than a few times, that he should give the dirty things up.

Out at the property all was well and Mort was a happy chappy sending up White Ox smoke signals at every opportunity; that was until we heard a blood curdling scream followed by “Which one of you blokes took me Tally-Ho papers?” Tally-Ho papers Mort, what would we want with Tally-Ho papers? Keith, Rod and myself were completely innocent of any crime that Mort might have suggested we committed and after some time he came to realize he had left his three reserve packets of Tally-Ho’s in his car back at Chucka’s place. Man you should have seen the panic on his face!!! :surprised:

All I can say is we spent the next six days or so rather entertained by our Mort’s antics - why would anyone take up smoking?

At first it was counting out how many papers were left - eight; yep only eight and that was not going to last six days. Time to curb the smoke signals and ration those papers out a bit; not even two a day, oh dear what to do? :neutral:

Mort’s bags and room were ransacked just to check those Tally-Ho’s weren’t there and then it was time to give the cottage we were staying in a check over just in case anyone happened to have left some behind - not a one to be found.

Next came a search of the workshop, property ute and quad as there just might be a slim chance of finding some - slim alright as the property owner gave up smoking many years ago.

Things were really getting desperate as he then asked the property owner if he might have any laying around the house, “nah mate gave’m up years ago” was the reply; the look on poor Mort’s face, nearly made us feel sorry for him - note I said nearly. :wink:

Well the rationing didn’t work too well and come the second day Mort found himself with an empty Tally-Ho packet; he was nearly crying. The emotional high from getting his boar the afternoon before had helped carry him through to lunch time but by then he was getting in a pretty desperate state and that was when Supercheap Auto came to the rescue.

You see I had bought some new wiper blades from there before the trip and I had left the receipt in the Cruiser. Now you think about it, you have tobacco but no Tally-Ho papers but you really really do need to have a smoke. Well Mort got to thinking that that Supercheap Auto receipt was about the same width as a Tally-Ho paper hmmmmmmm. :idea: Yep folks the next thing we see is the White Ox being rolled up in that receipt paper - desperate times call for desperate measures.

Well, as you know I usually keep my camera handy and I wasn’t going to let a photo opportunity like this pass me by. I think this photos tells the story. :lol:
Supercheap 1.jpg
Supercheap 1.jpg (151.18 KiB) Viewed 2525 times
And I think this shot clearly says “Ok I was desperate mate, alright!!!”
Supercheap 2.jpg
Supercheap 2.jpg (200.95 KiB) Viewed 2525 times
I am pleased to say that because of our (Keith, Rod and myself) caring support - not to mention the paper from the Supercheap Auto receipt and a Pharmacy packet - Mort made it through the week.

When we got to Cunnamulla early on the following Saturday morning Mort paced up and down until the door of the servo opened and in he ran and bought a packet of tailor mades and out the servo he came all the while ripping the packet open. You know, I always thought that a durry was supposed to last more than three quarters of one drag!!! :shock:

Now Mort me young mate, have I ever told you that you really do need to give those dirty things up? :mrgreen:

Jeff

Gringa Bows

Re: Supercheap Auto “is everything auto and much much more"!

#2 Post by Gringa Bows » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:23 pm

HAHAHA you've done it now,he's gunna want revenge. :lol: ..,.......still dont know how he could smoke those dockets. :surprised:

kerry
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by kerry » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:33 pm

I'm surprised the date roll didn't get a run, would of put a new slant on, "the burning ring of fire !"

Roadie

#4 Post by Roadie » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:01 pm

Try this for size, back in my Army days,desparate smokers used dry tea leaves rolled in army issue toilet paper. Now that is desparate. I gave up smoking over 40 years ago, went Cold Turkey, no patches etc then. Cheers Roadie.

Macca

#5 Post by Macca » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:25 am

Great story and I can relate to Mort's situation. On Occasions I have seen the old beer can used by punching some holes down the bottom side of the can, sucking through the drinking hole.

Nephew

#6 Post by Nephew » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:12 am

What was it you taught me, Jeffrey? "What happens out West, stays out West" :?: :?:
That's it buddy boy! It's word processors at 10 paces now! :mrgreen:

Hmmm..." I had asked Jeff to show us some caves we had seen the year before, but little did I know at the time that simple request would lead to fear and mayhem on a grand scale...!" :razz: :lol:
Last edited by Nephew on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#7 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:16 am

Moreton wrote: What was it you taught me, Jeffrey? "What happens out West, stays out West"
Yeah mate and it applied to me, not you. :mrgreen:

Cave? :confused: :lol:

Jeff

Gringa Bows

#8 Post by Gringa Bows » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:23 am

oh ohhhhh :lol:

Keith Lee

#9 Post by Keith Lee » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:50 am

I know what you went through Craig, I gave up four days at Texas got to the sevo had a puff head spinnies all most fell over.

TomMcDonald

#10 Post by TomMcDonald » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:02 am

Classic.
It'd be a good time hunting with you guys.
Tom

Sometimes the simplest things are the most profound.

www.billygoatbowstrings.com

Nutgrass

#11 Post by Nutgrass » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:45 pm

Geez, I am glad i have never suffered the sword of a smoker :lol: Things must have been getting a little antsy then :wink:
Funny stuff (for us that is) Just glad Jeff captured it to share 8) :lol:

bigbob

#12 Post by bigbob » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:55 pm

At least as a long reformed ex smoker I can sympathise Moreton. I would have used recycled dunny paper in those days.Can remember being in a similar situation once being cut off by flood waters and after a frantic search though the vehicle found an old 'Women's Weekly' mag my ol' mum had left in the vehicle. Every time I rolled a gasper and lit it, it kept unfurling and and falling on the ground but i kept at it until my system had its 'dose' of addictive poison.

hazard

#13 Post by hazard » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:26 pm

bigbob wrote: I would have used recycled dunny paper in those days.
That brings a whole new meaning to $hithouse tactics! Lucky it wasn't the funny stuff, Mort would have to change from Moreton to Cone head the barbituate :razz:

Will you have quit by Christmas Craig?

Hazard

Nephew

#14 Post by Nephew » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:53 pm

Mate, if past behaviour is the best indicator of future behaviour, realistically the prospects are not good. Just can't seem to shake 'em! :x :oops:

Conehead the barbiturate?! :lol: :lol:

rodlonq

#15 Post by rodlonq » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:09 am

What you need Craig is some worthy incentive. Now imagine if your hunting buddies said to you "Moreton, no more huntin' until you give up that 'orrible bloody smokin'. It frightens the game cos they think a bloody big bushfire is comin' their way". Mate, I reckon you would be a reformed smoker within seconds :biggrin: .

GrahameA

#16 Post by GrahameA » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:26 am

Hi Craig.
rodlonq wrote:What you need Craig is some worthy incentive. Now imagine if your hunting buddies said to you "Moreton, no more huntin' until you give up that 'orrible bloody smokin'. It frightens the game cos they think a bloody big bushfire is comin' their way". Mate, I reckon you would be a reformed smoker within seconds :biggrin: .
You wanted to give it away. Excellent incentive and after four days without any you were over the worst of it.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

bigbob

#17 Post by bigbob » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:44 am

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: 'cone head the barbituate' --like it ! :lol: :lol: Better give up Craig, else you may not have the strength to make your own bow! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nephew

#18 Post by Nephew » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:23 pm

My old man used to say "It's easier to apologise than to ask permission" :wink: :lol: Somehow I reckon I'd still be walking home now if I'd pulled that caper, Chuck! :lol:

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#19 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:27 pm

Ya reckon? :mrgreen:

Jeff

Nutgrass

#20 Post by Nutgrass » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:07 am

Moreton wrote:My old man used to say "It's easier to apologise than to ask permission" :wink: :lol: Somehow I reckon I'd still be walking home now if I'd pulled that caper, Chuck! :lol:

But imagine how much funnier this story would have ended then :lol:

emu

#21 Post by emu » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:42 pm

It's a bugger when ya run out of rollie papers and i tell ya its bad when no one else around smokes but giving em up probably not a bad idea,I gotta do so as the doc informed the other day if i dont i'm deep in the ****,major risk of a heartie if i don't.I am gonna give em up, to many kids to leave without a hunting partner and i wanna make sure i'm around to see em make their first kill's.
cheers emu
Bugger work lets go Hunting