Most helpful site around

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

jesse1987

Most helpful site around

#1 Post by jesse1987 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:36 pm

I am a member of quite Alot of forums and this would have to be the most welcoming and helpful site around . I have inboxed a few people asking questions and so far I have found nothing but helpful and friendly members .. Thanks to everyone.. I have found my new fav website!! :mrgreen:

Steven J

Re: Most helpful site around

#2 Post by Steven J » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:17 pm

Jesse,

Welcome to the site. I found a warm welcome a few years ago and have decided that it is worth sticking around also.

I don't know if you made a post to introduce yourself. Why not tell us a bit about what you do?

Steve
http://www.stevenjawerth.weebly.com

On Christ the solid rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand. Edward Mote, 1797-1874

Nephew

#3 Post by Nephew » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:21 am

Well, that's good to hear! Glad you like us, Jesse! :D
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

jesse1987

#4 Post by jesse1987 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:11 am

Yea mate introduced my self but yea I'm 24 married with 2 beautiful kids I have been bow hunting for about 13 years and have decided i need a new challenge thats why iv sold the compound and I'm here . I work as a cement rendered in Newcastle in my spare time I love fishing spearfishing and of course spending time with my gorgeous wife and kids

perry

#5 Post by perry » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:19 am

Welcome jesse1987, it's not just Ozbow, you will find that Traditional Archers are more welcoming and helpfull. I see you live in Newcastle, have you found the Hunter Valley Traditional Archer's yet - a few of them have issue's :wink: :wink: :lol: but they are not a bad mob if your a forgiving type :lol: :lol: . Lots of experience and advice down there http://traditionalarchers.org.au/

regards Jacko
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

bigbob

#6 Post by bigbob » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:37 am

Welcome to the site Jessie. I have only been a member for a short while but like you found it to be a truly great site with heaps of very useful information and unless you talk about football and state of Origin [ :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: ] it is very friendly
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

Nephew

#7 Post by Nephew » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:04 pm

bigbob wrote:unless you talk about football and state of Origin [ :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: ] it is very friendly
Or the Federal Govt., for mercy's sake please, please don't mention the Fed Govt.!! The villagers revolt and come after you with pitchforks and torches!! :shock: :? ... :wink: :P
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#8 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:21 pm

Thanks Jesse and I'm glad you have found Ozbow to be like that; the way we all like it and the very reason it is here. :D

Jeff

Benny Nganabbarru

#9 Post by Benny Nganabbarru » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:13 pm

Ah, I have just answered my question from your other thread! :D Welcome, and I hope you can find a good bow. You got unlucky with that Bear, but if you can get one that is right-handed and lighter, they shoot as good as any modern bow. I can't recommend them enough.
It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder,
It's the forests where silence has lease;
It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder,
It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

smr

#10 Post by smr » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:24 pm

jesse1987 wrote:I am a member of quite Alot of forums and this would have to be the most welcoming and helpful site around . I have inboxed a few people asking questions and so far I have found nothing but helpful and friendly members .. Thanks to everyone.. I have found my new fav website!! :mrgreen:
Yes i couldn't aggree more. I only found this sight a week ago and have asked a few questions and got lots of helpful info.

Steve

GrahameA

#11 Post by GrahameA » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:22 am

Morning Craig
Moreton wrote:... the Federal Govt., for mercy's sake please, please don't mention the Fed Govt.!! The villagers revolt and come after you with pitchforks and torches!! :shock: :? ... :wink: :P
That is not quite true... We are still happy to talk to some. Then again talking about changing arrow spine by adding heavy points or cutting shafts can/will bring on some strong discussion.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

rodlonq

#12 Post by rodlonq » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am

Welcome to the forum and you are absolutely correct Jesse. I have also found the people around this campfire are friendly, funny, have a wealth of knowledge and are happy to share it. Couldn't think of a better place to spend a bit of time (other than in the shed when its bow making time).

Be warned, with so much information to absorb, the pursuit of traditional archery can become somewhat (or a lot) addictive. :mrgreen:

Cheers............ Rod