Had enough of Gillard and the rest?

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

hazard

Re: Had enough of Gillard and the rest?

#31 Post by hazard » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:04 pm

I would love to believe some of this money would actually go somewhere near doing something for the environment and if I actually believed 1 cent was headed in that direction I would really vote for it.

Unfortunately our countries leadership is so filthy and corrupt I don't believe any contribution we make will make a snow flakes worth of difference :cry:

I believe we contribute less than 0.003% in the big picture of carbon emmision! 1 vulcano can smash all the filth in China in less than a heart beat. Why not attack the heart of the problem instead fo Pi$$ing about on the fringes? Deal with the real problem first! the rest will be a walk in the park and wont even touch cost of living when it comes out in the wash! China, India, Mexico....need I go on? deal with the real problem!,

In my profession I witness every day how the truth is prostituted and real people are driven to bankrupsy and am sad to see our beautifull country die just a little bit every day! I see it in the eyes of the people I visit every day!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :evil: :cry: :evil: :cry: :evil: until we finally dont own it any more!!!! :evil: :evil: Try hunting on that property!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Are we really that stupid? :? :? :? :?

billb wrote: I'm sick of being a telstra hostage

Yes Bill thats a valid point!

Its about time we grew some BALLS and did something about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Politics is a game played by dishonest people to gain an unfair advantage!

Never under estimate the strength of a cornered coward.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

http://www.bowmanstaxidermy.com.au

robmoore

#32 Post by robmoore » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:56 am

Jeffro wrote:click on the link and register
http://hadenough.com.au/index.php/2011/ ... -them-out/
Media comment needs to be treated cautiously but the article at the link below is worth reading. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-07-22/c ... ng/2806640

Comments by Malcolm Turnbull are also worth viewing at http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-07-22/t ... ch/2805536

Bob

bigbob

#33 Post by bigbob » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:38 pm

robmoore wrote:
Jeffro wrote:click on the link and register
http://hadenough.com.au/index.php/2011/ ... -them-out/
Media comment needs to be treated cautiously but the article at the link below is worth reading. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-07-22/c ... ng/2806640

Comments by Malcolm Turnbull are also worth viewing at http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-07-22/t ... ch/2805536

Bob
Very interesting but not unexpected. Someone, somewhere had to report things as they really are [ or my version of personal reality.] After the next election and the mad monk washes in on the crest of the inevitable landslide, it wont be long before people come to acknowledge that the man is actually dangerous. His personal mantra seems to that all facts are rubbery and can be exploited to suit the days agenda. He has made so many contradictory statements his head must spin. If Howard was to the right, this guy is outside the door looking back in. Big business will benefit of course, which is why he gets such hospitable press, which only leaves poor old 'Johnny Brown' to pay the piper. Some form of work choices will ultimately arise again, as some of these autocrats have a 'born to rule mentality' and need subjugated minions to do their dirty work. There is such a wealth of information available regarding the severe global warming that is occuring, and it is irrefutable. What is unfortunately not so crystal clear, is precisely what is the instigator.surely we must err on the side of caution and start modifying our ways, or is it a classic csae of N.I.M.B.Y?
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

clinglish

#34 Post by clinglish » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:57 pm

Read between the lines boys and girls , This is about aligning our taxation and finacial structures to create the next wave of products for the consumer to buy. we will all have to go green now and the advertisers and marketers will be pushing the green is good slogan to sucker us in. I personally think that trading in carbon credits may actually provide our farmers in marginal areas with a way to be productive by sequesting carbon .Forget the hype as it has nothing to do with greening the planet and all about a new section on the stock exchange.
Bowhunting (Hunting for Bows)
Known Carrier of "Fox Bow Fever"

muntries

#35 Post by muntries » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:20 pm

Clinglish, I don't disagree one iota!! and what we've called greenwashing (as opposed to whitewashing) has been around for awhile and is the biggest disingenuous crock of of bull dollop going and has merely been a way of ripping off concerned folk for years. I also agree and although I like the current model of reducing carbon output more than the Mad Monks poorly thought out policy I still think it does not go far enough but at this stage it is the best that anyone has come up with and is a way of getting people to change their mentality. I also agree that this will herald a new era of consumerism where you pay money to get very little in return (the humble offset/aka swindle) and would urge anyone thinking of paying for trees to be very very cautious, having briefly worked in this area it is largely a great big con and a great way for Macquarrie bank to finance bluegum plantations.

With all that negativity said I still think action (albeit small) is better than the even bigger con that Abbot would like us to pay for.
"With staff in hand, the hunter stood on Radholme's dewy lawn" The Hunters Song (Olde Lancashire Poem) by Richard Parkinson.

longbow steve

#36 Post by longbow steve » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:13 pm

image failed

Dewi

#37 Post by Dewi » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:28 pm

One for the religious environmentalists.
For the record I'm agnostic on the subject, my jury is still out.

Had this sent to me, I found it funny.
The environmental extremists may find it sacrilegious though.

NOT WORK SAFE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upgS56ORpZQ

UPTHETOP

#38 Post by UPTHETOP » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:16 am

Hazard wrote
Australians are exceptionally stupid, Gullable and Greedy!!!
Hazard you forgot idiots as well.

The whole mess we are in at this apparent time is due to the fact that yes we the stupid people have let the country get down to a two party system to vote for.
Where is the other 3 or 4 parties to vote for like other countries have. Dont give me the ( greens, demacr, independ, bla bla bla parties) as the only reason they have votes is because everyone was sick to death of the other two useless parties.

All I know is at this apparent time is that I am struggling to put food on the table for the family, I am living from pay to pay and juggling bills like hot potatoes, Thank God I live in the lucky country.

I dont talk poli, or relig either so its me last post on it as well.

Cheers Stupid idiot Australian Wayno
Justastik Arrow Craft, Its all about the Wood.

TomMcDonald

#39 Post by TomMcDonald » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:07 am

It would be much more fun, effective and involving if people against the idea formed a massive protest down the streets of their big cities. People have had their spirits crushed by the likes of TV and internet I think, and would find it much more comfortable to sit at home watching Kochie and voting in useless polls on the news websites, or changing their FaithBook status to something like 'I'm so peeved at the PM right now'.
Tom

Sometimes the simplest things are the most profound.

www.billygoatbowstrings.com

Nephew

#40 Post by Nephew » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:29 am

:lol: Reminds me of Maddox a little bit. :D
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

kerrille

#41 Post by kerrille » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:42 am

isnt it funny where trying to drop our carbon dioxide tax by 5% while china has stated there's will rise by 500% makes you wonder dosnt it.

....nev...
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont

hazard

#42 Post by hazard » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:28 pm

Looseplucker....what no Hamburger comment, your slipping!
Politics is a game played by dishonest people to gain an unfair advantage!

Never under estimate the strength of a cornered coward.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

http://www.bowmanstaxidermy.com.au

dawallace45

#43 Post by dawallace45 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:46 am

Don't know who put this video up but I think it pretty much says what most people I've talked to think

http://vidcall.com/index.php/videos/sho ... oming-soon

David

dawallace45

#44 Post by dawallace45 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:54 am