Cynical

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Roadie

Cynical

#1 Post by Roadie » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:57 pm

Greatings All
Am I being to Cyncial here, School Holidays are up on us, so the powers to be have grounded Tiger Airways for a week because of safety concerns. Then I read that Virgin & Jet Star will carry their passengers. At what cost. Do the Tiger clientle who have paid do they get a refund or do they have to pay again. Is Quantas and their cronies trying to get rid of some competition. Whats to say in a weeks time the powers to be find nothing. Tiger have lost a week of flying time, Leases & wages to pay to the respective organisation. Its like two equally competant people going for the same Job,Some one makes a complaint against the other (totally unfounded), by the time the powers to be have invested the allegation the position my have been given to the wrong person. Am I wrong in my thinking. Cheers Roadie.

Bent Stick

Re: Cynical

#2 Post by Bent Stick » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:56 pm

Roadie even if your concerns aren't valid in this case (which they may well be) your comments give me a flashback to "Compass" there is a history of this going on, you may just be on the money mate.
If your not having fun, your doing it for all the wrong reasons

MarkG

#3 Post by MarkG » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:25 am

Qantas and Virgin are putting on extra flights at cheap rates for those Tiger passengers and the airport workers strike for this week has been called off. What's there to be cynical about?

TomMcDonald

#4 Post by TomMcDonald » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:01 am

I wouldn't discount anything in this insane world.

I was just thinking this morning how everyone has been told by the the gods (news media) today's world is unsafe so children shouldn't be going outside. I was wondering how Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony are involved :)

It could be all codswallop, but as I said, I wouldn't discount anything.
Tom

Sometimes the simplest things are the most profound.

www.billygoatbowstrings.com

Roadie

#5 Post by Roadie » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:41 am

The Leader of our Nation says their will be no TAX on our fuel for the lower income , disadvantage,and pensioners. Hey Folks we are being SCREWED BIG time. Have a great Day everyone. Cheers Roadie.

Bent Stick

#6 Post by Bent Stick » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:47 pm

Yup agree Roadie, I am now going to go and give birth to a Gillard and vent my frustration.
If your not having fun, your doing it for all the wrong reasons

TomMcDonald

#7 Post by TomMcDonald » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Bent Stick wrote:Yup agree Roadie, I am now going to go and give birth to a Gillard and vent my frustration.
:o Lol/
Tom

Sometimes the simplest things are the most profound.

www.billygoatbowstrings.com

hazard

#8 Post by hazard » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:49 pm

Aw common guys dont get me started :roll:
Politics is a game played by dishonest people to gain an unfair advantage!

Never under estimate the strength of a cornered coward.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

http://www.bowmanstaxidermy.com.au

Roadie

#9 Post by Roadie » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:19 pm

Hazard - Why Not. Cheers Roadie.

hazard

#10 Post by hazard » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:29 pm

Complaining about unscrupulous big companies is all I seem to do these days. I get the impression I was boring the $hit out of people the way I keep harping on and on. :wink:
Politics is a game played by dishonest people to gain an unfair advantage!

Never under estimate the strength of a cornered coward.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

http://www.bowmanstaxidermy.com.au

piggy

#11 Post by piggy » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:29 pm

Tiger were banned for a number of reasons the latest was a pilot came in to land at an altitude lower than the safe limit and without approval from the control tower, I would not like to have been on that plane.

Re : fuel, heard Greg Combet on the radio today saying PETROL will be exempt but would not comment on Diesel despite being repeatedly, they say tradies etc will not be effected but for someone like me I am concerned that Diesel may be included this would also fit into the Greens policy of wanting to ban four wheel drives as most would be Diesel?
Do people really think the cost fuel will not rise under a carbon tax? maybe not directly but it will rise, in the end the consumer will pay they always do.

muntries

#12 Post by muntries » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:32 pm

Is Quantas and their cronies trying to get rid of some competition
Funny but it's exactly what I thought when I first heard about this on the radio the other day.
"With staff in hand, the hunter stood on Radholme's dewy lawn" The Hunters Song (Olde Lancashire Poem) by Richard Parkinson.

GrahameA

#13 Post by GrahameA » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:09 am

muntries wrote:
Is Quantas and their cronies trying to get rid of some competition
Funny but it's exactly what I thought when I first heard about this on the radio the other day.
Tiger is/has doing a good job of digging it's own grave without any help.

On Monday afternoon its website said: "There are currently no flight disruptions."

Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) chairman, Graham Samuel, says not spelling out to potential customers that the flights may not happen could be misleading conduct
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011 ... 260857.htm
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.