Should the Burqa be banned in public places?

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

hazard

Re: Should the Burqa be banned in public places?

#31 Post by hazard » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:38 pm

Oops what have I started? :twisted:
Politics is a game played by dishonest people to gain an unfair advantage!

Never under estimate the strength of a cornered coward.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

http://www.bowmanstaxidermy.com.au

piggy

#32 Post by piggy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:16 pm

It's all good healthy discussion. :)

Nephew

#33 Post by Nephew » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 pm

Yeah, I really enjoy the debates on here. No animosity intended, nor detected, at all. :wink: :)
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

looseplucker

#34 Post by looseplucker » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:23 pm

So Hazard, getting back to what constitutes a hamburger with the lot.....
Are you well informed or is your news limited?

piggy

#35 Post by piggy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:29 pm

BEETROOT!!!! Can't have a burger with out it ! this is not open to discussion.

hazard

#36 Post by hazard » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:36 pm

John all I can say is Pineapple!

The more its heard the more chance a logical answer will give the grubby trouble makers a dose of their own medicene. 8)

I understand its usually a minority guilty of this rubbish but I it is very bad manners to enter a country and blatently discriminate against your guests customs and culture and have the nerve to accuse their hosts of discrimination.

If someone came into my house and told me my furnishings were descriminating against their culture I would probably not very politely tell them they have the right to leave! :twisted:

I have heard all the garbage to the contrary and I am still convinced its Horse $hit! I have never been shown any where in the quran where it is manditory to wear a Burqua this is a choice not a mantitory part of their religion. The extremists dictate to their own to rebel against western society their forefathers faught for the right in their own country to protect their culture as did our Honoured forefathers who faught for the same right " In their own country!"

Jeffro this womans arrogance and stupidity has shot their cause in the foot well said mate.

Roadie dead on mate our fathers and Grandfathers did us proud, lets not let them down.

Muntries for the time being our freedom of choices will dissapear forever if these if these extremists dostort every thing we hold precious in the name of discrimination. We all need to grow a set say it out loud and stand up to it instead of worying we might offend someone

Jindydiver I couldn't agree with you more I reckon our Media is just about as filthy as our Politicians, and that takes some F#^%$&^!! doing!!!. But as pathetically mercinary and contradictory as it is at this particular window of time ( maybe never again in living history) pushing for something quite reasonable.

Well on that note again I say and with no malice "YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO LEAVE!"

So contrary to my strongest sentiments not to look for more rules to further choke society and of coures now the cats out of the bag, or in Johns case the hamburger! 8)

Ban it!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by hazard on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

looseplucker

#37 Post by looseplucker » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:45 pm

Spearchucker Dear, I have never had a pickle in my bugger. Ever. However I share your desire for it to be banned. It sounds a bit deviant and is probably a threat to national security.

Banning the burqa. For mine it will be a sign that the islamofacists have won. As for the rest of those lot in the funny beards and dresses, well I just think they look bloody daft. Case of mind over matter. I don't mind because to me, they don't matter. Couldn't care less. And you know, they regard me as 'kuffur' etc. So what? And I am all for freedom of religion and stuff but catch them trying to change lifestyle and laws and social mores in the name of a dingbat moral code and I'll fight the buggers as much as I would fight ANY mob trying to do that. Secular society all the way.

Pineapple and beetroot optional on one with the lot - in my experience as a gease slinger.

muntries

#38 Post by muntries » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:31 pm

Muntries for the time being our freedom of choices will dissapear forever if these if these extremists dostort every thing we hold precious in the name of discrimination. We all need to grow a set say it out loud and stand up to it instead of worying we might offend someone
I'm sorry but I can hardly see how a minority of women wearing burqa's is going to make our freedom dissappear, I think freedom has more to fear from the targeting of a particular minority based on fear and misunderstanding.
"With staff in hand, the hunter stood on Radholme's dewy lawn" The Hunters Song (Olde Lancashire Poem) by Richard Parkinson.

hazard

#39 Post by hazard » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:50 pm

Minority women won't do very much at all, but a plethora of halfwit majority wowsers so called doo gooders greenies and oxygen theives will give it a hell of a lot of help. They can make one realy big squeaky wheel.

looseplucker wrote:Quote:

I'm sorry but I can hardly see how a minority of women wearing burqa's is going to make our freedom dissappear, I think freedom has more to fear from the targeting of a particular minority based on fear and misunderstanding.

jindydiver

#40 Post by jindydiver » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:22 pm

hazard wrote:
If someone came into my house and told me my furnishings were descriminating against their culture I would probably not very politely tell them they have the right to leave! :twisted:

I have heard all the garbage to the contrary and I am still convinced its Horse $hit! I have never been shown any where in the quran where it is manditory to wear a Burqua this is a choice not a mantitory part of their religion. The extremists dictate to their own to rebel against western society their forefathers faught for the right in their own country to protect their culture as did our Honoured forefathers who faught for the same right " In their own country!"

Well on that note again I say and with no malice "YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO LEAVE!"
Where do you think she should leave for, she is as aussie as the rest of us, and this is her house as much as it is ours :?
Carnita Matthews, a 47-year-old Muslim woman from Woodbine, NSW,
I suppose since we are banning things that are used by criminals to avoid identification we should be down the mall on a friday night arresting 15 year old boys in hoodies :lol:

There is nothing here that can't be addressed using the laws in operation right now.
Mick

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln

TomMcDonald

#41 Post by TomMcDonald » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:41 pm

Jindydiver wrote:
I suppose since we are banning things that are used by criminals to avoid identification we should be down the mall on a friday night arresting 15 year old boys in hoodies

Actually mate, that I would support banning :evil:
Tom

Sometimes the simplest things are the most profound.

www.billygoatbowstrings.com

Nephew

#42 Post by Nephew » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:55 pm

Fair go, Hazard! I know you were probably not aiming your comment at me and I also understand, even respect, that you hold strong views on this, but it's still hard to not find it insulting to have someone to label the contrary view "garbage" and "horse $hit" and folk that hold that contrary view "oxygen thieves" or "halfwit majority wowsers" when I'm one of them! My opinion on this differs from yours, fair enough, but it means as much to me as yours does to you. I have thought long and hard on this for a good decade now (since it all kicked off when a few maniacs decided they speak for all Islam! Fat chance, there is as many, if not more, denominations in Islam as there is in Christianity, and none of them agree on anything! :roll: ) and have come to what I think is a considered opinion. All this talk back radio/ tabliod TV " "ban the Burqa", " be exactly like us or leave" ( I was born here and so were my ancestors, and I'll do neither, thanks)," Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi! Oi! Oi!" stuff just feels like bullying to me, and there are no greater cowards than bullies. Of course, I'm not accusing you of such a disgusting thing. I realise you are voicing a valid, strongly held opinion, but those in the media that profit from this kind of $hitstirring (I'm talking about that old public toilet loiterer, Alan Jones, and those in radio, TV and newspapers pathetic and lacking in imagination enough to impersonate him!! :x ) deserve a long, hard prison sentence as far as I see things. They have no love for Australia. In fact I'm certain they laugh with contempt about how easy it is to stir up "everyday Australians" (Their term, not mine! I despise that cliche!) while pretending to be "in tune with Struggle Street! :roll: Good Lord, what does that even mean?? :? If they thought they could turn a quid supporting Sharia Law, they'd be out there extolling the virtues of stoning adulterers or rape victims to death tomorrow! They are narcissistic nihilists, with no concerns for our society beyond how much money they can extract from it, by any means available to them! :x
Anyway, Bud, I would prefer not being insulted for looking at this from a different perspective than yours. I give you the respect of thinking "well, ok I disagree, but the man has thought this out carefully and has reached his conclusion. It may be different to mine, but he has informed himself and is entitled to his opinion". Nothing more, or less.
I don't demand the same respect, but gee, it would be nice. :wink: :)

BTW,Why do people assume that if a person is a Muslim, they must be from overseas? There are many Australian born Muslims! :?

muntries

#43 Post by muntries » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:01 am

Need I say more than what has already been said by Craig, if I'm a wowser for holding differing views then so be it, I would rather stick to my guns than go with the flow with these issues and like to think my father did me proud by teaching me to stick to my principles on these thing.
"With staff in hand, the hunter stood on Radholme's dewy lawn" The Hunters Song (Olde Lancashire Poem) by Richard Parkinson.

looseplucker

#44 Post by looseplucker » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:58 am

I would apprehend that 'half wit wowser' is Hazard's expression for the Alan Jones brigade and by lumping them in with the do-gooders (with which I identify in preference to the alternative) it is merely an indication that apart from Ozbow any sensible debate will be drowned out by the chhokhouse screeching of 'public opinion' - all gleefully kicked along by the usual Murdoch rabble.

Of course, I could be wrong. In which case, are fried onions mandatory or optional?

Bent Stick

#45 Post by Bent Stick » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:19 am

Moreton your entitled to your opinion; you remind me of a Union rep looking to stir for a good fight even if there isn't one to be really had at the time.
Everyone is entitled to their own religion, persuasion, fashion etc. Identification of an individual to bring to justice; believe it or not becomes difficult when your just looking for someone completely covered at the time. Your licence etc should be able to clearly identify the individual, and if you must be clearly visible and identifiable in a bank, shopping center etc. it only makes sense and really should only rial anyone looking to
A. Pick a fight, or
B. has interrupted plans for some action requiring hiding identification.
C.Left wing anarchist
I think if they wish to wear it go hard, however the laws, powers of policing, justice system are the domain of the people, we vote for it, we drive it, we vote the managers and custodians in, so if we all want to wear hoodies, burgua's bike helmets in banks we can exercise our freedom and make that happen, and suck up the consequences afterwards. However enabling a little inverse discrimination and allowing a minority to be anonymous and unidentifiable in a bank and escape prosecution ? not to eliminate the element that would exploit the opportunity (Hard Core Crims) hey vote hard you have that right. A male white caucasion has less rights than the rest of the population as it is you can give a little more and enjoy it, I even congratulate you on exercising your right to burn my ass.

This whole issue is not new at all and history is available for anyone to read and identify with, this is a small issue in a plethora if you allow concession for one you allow for all, including education, law etc there is a lot of informative information available on the web for perusal and background

Everyone has the right to exercise their right and if we all want the burqua to be special and individuals to be exempt from prosecution then stand up and exercise that right. Myself I am looking at a much larger picture than one small issue, ignorance is how you find your A$$ so deep in a place you don't want to be and it's too late to get out of it. All Australians should have the same rights regardless of persuasion, religion, culture, I will not bow to a minority or an anarchist ever.
If your not having fun, your doing it for all the wrong reasons

looseplucker

#46 Post by looseplucker » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:37 am

Bent Stick

All of that, and I won't bow to royalty either. I bow to no-one.

Banning it is the wrong way of approaching the issue. Rather we should have such a society where it would be seen to be unnecessary.

And we should have the discussions and not be shut down by shouts of "racist", "islamaphobe" or, indeed "Allah Al Akbar".

True freedom and justice can only be achieved by shining light into dark corners.

Tomato or BBQ sauce?

kerrille

#47 Post by kerrille » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:54 am

All we have to do is see what the allah brigade are doing to Europe most governments are saying it was a bad idear even turkey have banned the burka in public.

....nev... bacon ya gotta have bacon.
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont

Bent Stick

#48 Post by Bent Stick » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:04 am

Looseplucker, couldn't have said it better myself.

Bacon definitely, Beetroot oh yes please and just have to go with BBQ sauce

Nephew

#49 Post by Nephew » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:02 am

I haven't yet read all the replies but I do think it's important to say something at this point. A: Graydon (Hazard) is a nice bloke that I have spoken with in P.M's and like him. This is not any kind of attack on him, and I made it clear I didn't interpret his comments as being aimed at me. I was trying to be as polite as I could when I requested a lighter tone, but he is free to refuse that request, it will make no difference to how I see him.
B: I'm neither a supporter of Islam nor a believer that we should have an open slather approach to immigration. I'm well aware of the problems Europe is facing and want no part of that! I would also agree that we can't have immigrants setting up ghettos where they try to recreate the homeland. Why come here if you want your native culture? Only a fool would want Lazze Fare immigration. We have national security to consider!
I was discussing CLOTHING, and what we are free to wear, not immigration. I'm just concerned that if we go down the path of banning all we don't feel comfortable with, we are giving people like the anti-hunters a free kick. If this kind of thinking takes root, how easy would it be for them to say that because a few blokes don't do the right thing, like say...poaching, ALL hunting should be banned forthwith. I just think that with such a complex problem involving Australian society we should have a more considered and nuanced response than "BAN 'EM!!" That's all.
I meant no offence and truly, my intention was not to disparage Hazard, nor Bent Stick, nor their level of intellect which obviously more than matches mine. My intention was to continue the debate in a considered manner. I am a little confused as to why I would be compared to a Union official who starts a fight where there isn't one. I didn't start this, and it's not a fight, it's a discussion. Gotta wonder of those that would make such an accusation aren't just a little threatened by any alternative view to their own. I was just putting forth my perspective and opinion, which is what I thought debate is about. That's all. :)

Definitely bacon, onions and barbeque sauce.But no grated carrot, please, no carrot!
Last edited by Nephew on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

looseplucker

#50 Post by looseplucker » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:17 am

Moreton wrote:I haven't yet read all the replies but I do think it's important to say something at this point. A: Graydon (Hazard) is a really nice bloke that I have spoken with in P.M's and like him a lot. This is not any kind of attack on him, and I made it clear I didn't interpret his comments as being aimed at me. I was trying to be as polite as I could when I requested a lighter tone, but he is free to refuse that request, it will make no difference to how i see him.
B: I'm neither a supporter of Islam nor a believer that we should have an open slather approach to immigration. I was discussing CLOTHING, and what we are free to wear, not immigration. I'm just concerned that if we go down the path of banning all we don't feel comfortable with, we are giving the anti-hunters a free kick. How easy would it be for them to say that because a few blokes don't do the right thing, like say...poaching, ALL hunting should be banned forthwith. I just think that such a complex problem involving Australian society we should have a more considered and nuanced response than "BAN 'EM!!" That's all.
I meant no offence and truly, my intention was not to disparage Hazard, nor his level of intellect which obviously more than matches mine. That's all. :)
Craig, no-one gives a monkey's - the burning question is: what goes on a hamburger with the lot?????????

Bent Stick

#51 Post by Bent Stick » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:20 am

I'm all for a runny egg on the lot there's nothing graceful in a burger with the lot but sure puts a grin on ya face :P

jindydiver

#52 Post by jindydiver » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:29 am

Bent Stick wrote: Myself I am looking at a much larger picture than one small issue, ignorance is how you find your A$$ so deep in a place you don't want to be and it's too late to get out of it. All Australians should have the same rights regardless of persuasion, religion, culture, I will not bow to a minority or an anarchist ever.
Can you expand on your "big picture" so we can understand what you hope to preserve by banning an item of clothing?
Mick

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln

Nephew

#53 Post by Nephew » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:31 am

looseplucker wrote: And we should have the discussions and not be shut down by shouts of "racist", "islamaphobe" or, indeed "Allah Al Akbar".

Can you show me an example of anyone using these insults in this thread, John? I'm buggered if I can find them!

looseplucker wrote:
Craig, no-one gives a monkey's - the burning question is: what goes on a hamburger with the lot?????????
I edited my post to answer this burning issue, L.P.! :wink: And another thing...on this issue there is no sunlight between me and Bent Stick, we have consensus... runny egg on all burgers for sure! :D
Last edited by Nephew on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

TomMcDonald

#54 Post by TomMcDonald » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:42 am

I once ate a not burger :|
Tom

Nephew

#55 Post by Nephew » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:44 am

tomalophicon wrote:I once ate a not burger :|
Ok, you got me I have to bite. What the Hell is a not burger? :? :D

TomMcDonald

#56 Post by TomMcDonald » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:03 pm

Tom

looseplucker

#57 Post by looseplucker » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:05 pm

Moreton wrote:
looseplucker wrote: And we should have the discussions and not be shut down by shouts of "racist", "islamaphobe" or, indeed "Allah Al Akbar".

Can you show me an example of anyone using these insults in this thread, John? I'm buggered if I can find them!

I wasnt using them as an example on the thread - merely saying that we need to be able to debate these issues without being howled down - It was a comment made in a generalist sense - not intended to thread-jack at all....would I do that?

TomMcDonald

#58 Post by TomMcDonald » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:06 pm

Keep the jacking to a minimum guys :wink:
Tom

Nephew

#59 Post by Nephew » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:07 pm

tomalophicon wrote:Craig, check it!
http://www.vegiedelights.com.au/product ... rgers.aspx

Well, I've checked it out and...I'll be right, thanks mate! Another essential ingredient, John. MEAT! :)
looseplucker wrote:
Moreton wrote:

I wasnt using them as an example on the thread - merely saying that we need to be able to debate these issues without being howled down - It was a comment made in a generalist sense - not intended to thread-jack at all....would I do that?
Fair enough, mate. I think I was beginning to feel a bit under siege there for a min, and saw something that wasn't there! :? :wink:
Last edited by Nephew on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bent Stick

#60 Post by Bent Stick » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:08 pm

Yep the Not burger doesnlt fit into my big picture at all, go the runny egg and juicy steak