Anzac Day

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Roadie

Anzac Day

#1 Post by Roadie » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:36 am

Lest we Forget. Roadie.

Gringa Bows

Re: Anzac Day

#2 Post by Gringa Bows » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:41 am

Lest We Forget

Nephew

#3 Post by Nephew » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:14 am

Thanks to all who have served, or are currently serving.
Lest We Forget.
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

Benny Nganabbarru

#4 Post by Benny Nganabbarru » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:46 am

Thanks, Roadie and others. Good on you.
It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder,
It's the forests where silence has lease;
It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder,
It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

kerrille

#5 Post by kerrille » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:50 pm

finished the march and im now home,bloody colds couldnt even have a beer ,and roadie was talkin to rob hamance looks like theres gunna be a few shootin primitive at the masters games in aug

...nev..
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont

piggy

#6 Post by piggy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:30 pm

To all those past, present and future THANK YOU

Least we Forget

woodie

#7 Post by woodie » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:45 pm

I took myself to the dawn service today for the first time in many years.
Thank you to all that have and still serve in the forces.
Lest We Forget
woodie
may your arrows fly straight and true and your limbs return.

excelpoint

#8 Post by excelpoint » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:18 pm

Lest we forget.

bigbob

#9 Post by bigbob » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:02 am

I am one of the older generation who now has guilt about Anzac days. When the Vietnam war was on and I was an impressionable young idiot who knew it all, we were adamantly opposed to the war. The reason for the guilt comes from blaming the unfortunate conscripts rather than the bloody politicians of the day. Instead of receiving the warmest of welcomes as they returned from active service these brave young men were for the most part ostracised by the public. Many, including a few of my friends committed suicide in the following years. I am older and hopefully wiser these days and am greatly heartened to see the wheel had indeed turned and the Vietnam guys are at last being given their rightful appreciation.Today we have another bunch of honourable young guys doing us proud in Afghanistan. Indeed my cousin has a son there who was recently shot in the arm and had an Afghan. colleague die in his arms.To see the old film footage of the 'Great War' where a young country like Australia was to lose 50 thousand of our finest in one theatre of war, should ensure that we never forget the immense sacrifice they made. Fortunately the youth today seem to be embracing in a manner that my generation never had the insight to do.Lest we forget!
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

excelpoint

#10 Post by excelpoint » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:30 pm

bigbob wrote:I am one of the older generation who now has guilt about Anzac days. When the Vietnam war was on and I was an impressionable young idiot who knew it all, we were adamantly opposed to the war. The reason for the guilt comes from blaming the unfortunate conscripts rather than the bloody politicians of the day. Instead of receiving the warmest of welcomes as they returned from active service these brave young men were for the most part ostracised by the public. Many, including a few of my friends committed suicide in the following years. I am older and hopefully wiser these days and am greatly heartened to see the wheel had indeed turned and the Vietnam guys are at last being given their rightful appreciation.Today we have another bunch of honourable young guys doing us proud in Afghanistan. Indeed my cousin has a son there who was recently shot in the arm and had an Afghan. colleague die in his arms.To see the old film footage of the 'Great War' where a young country like Australia was to lose 50 thousand of our finest in one theatre of war, should ensure that we never forget the immense sacrifice they made. Fortunately the youth today seem to be embracing in a manner that my generation never had the insight to do.Lest we forget!
Well put mate and well done for posting what you did.

bigbob

#11 Post by bigbob » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:06 pm

thanks exelpoint. I am not a religous person but I now hold Anzac day as sacred.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

Chase N. Nocks

#12 Post by Chase N. Nocks » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:25 am

Thanks to them all. Lest We Forget. Love and miss you Dad.

I reckon politicians should be banned from any and all memorial services unless they have themselves served...gets my blood up to see these jesters recieving salutes from Australia's best.

Troy
I am an Archer. I am not a traditional archer, bowhunter, compound shooter or target archer.....I am an Archer
"Shooting the Stickbow"

....enforced by the "whistling grey-goose wing."
"The Witchery of Archery"