I kill

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Hiram

I kill

#1 Post by Hiram » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:27 am

I have never killed anything for "Sport". I kill because I hunt! I kill because it is a means of survival handed down from Ancient times. I kill because that is the Culmination of the Hunt. I kill because of the sustenance it provides. I kill because I prefer to "kill my own" over that of a Slaughter house atmosphere of lined up Animals. I kill because I prefer the "purest" of methods to provide my food. I Kill my Animals with a "BOW AND ARROW" only. This should resonate in the ears of the those that would question my reasons to Kill my own food in the most simplistic and fair method of "Fair Chase" in existence. I kill because I am part of the Food Chain that proliferates the cycle of life in a balanced Eco system. I kill because I have helped in doing so to keep the "Natural" within the boundries that it has induced with "Predators" for thousands of years. As a Bow Hunter, I pay my license fees and support the Biologic Logistics of the Governmental Agencies that provide both Enforcement and season management tools to best enhance the populations and numbers of Game Animals. I always kill with regard to the Animal because I both "Revere" and "Respect" the Animals I Hunt. I do not kill in masses, IT is just the Animal and myself in the wilds I hunt. An individual process, designed by Nature, applying the most basic tools and principles known to Man! That is why I kill, so in doing so, life is perpetuated. I am thankful to the Animal and to my Creator for the privilege, and to the Animal for what it provides. Killing for "Sport" does not interest me, or the other Natural Predators that inhabit the Wilds. The motivation is shared by the other Predators I join in the Hunt, for food and fulfillment of having "Mad Meat". The only "Competition" that exists, is between myself, the Query, and the other Natural Predators in the woods. My chosen Method limits me to the same "close range" encounter that the Mountain Lion has. He and I must both get very close!! I kill because I am Human, and for the same reasons my Ancestors have for thousands of years, all the way back to the Campfires started with friction fires, and roasted Meat cooked on the same simple fire. You see "Killing" for food, is not only necessary, it has always been done. Since the beginning of time.
God created all men equal, just different.

Steven J

Re: I kill

#2 Post by Steven J » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:51 am

Interesting Hiram. I think you are preaching to the converted though.

I kill... but I also shop.

Steve
http://www.stevenjawerth.weebly.com

On Christ the solid rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand. Edward Mote, 1797-1874

AndyD

Re: I kill

#3 Post by AndyD » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:54 pm

[quote="Steven J"
I kill... but I also shop.
Steve[/quote]

:D

I'm glad there are shops because as a hunter I make a good vegetarian... :oops:
Common sense; so rare it should be considered a superpower.