Hard to loose friends - harder to realize they never were!

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

g_r

Hard to loose friends - harder to realize they never were!

#1 Post by g_r » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:30 pm

hi,
Last edited by g_r on Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
watch youre feet, you may never know where they might take you....

Always scout like you are scouting scouts!

nimrod

Re: Hard to loose friends - harder to realize they never were!

#2 Post by nimrod » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:16 pm

axel well done mate you DID the right thing cheers

Steven J

#3 Post by Steven J » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:17 pm

Axel,

You did the right thing. What they are doing is cruel and illegal. You are walking a fine line spending time with blokes like these. If you were not careful, you could end up being 'tared with the same brush'. I hope they don't cause you any trouble over the matter.

Where are you living that bow hunting is illegal?

Steve
http://www.stevenjawerth.weebly.com

On Christ the solid rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand. Edward Mote, 1797-1874

Nephew

#4 Post by Nephew » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:04 pm

Mate, I agree with all three replies so far. Bugger 'em, you don't need friends like this! Usually I would frown a little on speaking to any authorities, but drunken louts with weapons who's irresponsible and dangerous behaviour seems to be escalating need to be dealt with before they do worse than they already have. What if in their drunken state they mistook a hiker obscured by scrub for a game animal? The media would run with that for months!
You did right, Axel, rest easy matey.
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

g_r

#5 Post by g_r » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:35 am

Steven, Im from Germany.

Moreton, thats exactly the same with me, i hate to take authorities into the play and i had my share of trouble with the police. If i hadnt known the game warden so well (hes a friend of my father) i dont know if i would have called him...could cause a lot of damage to bows in general with the wrong person.

And dont get me wrong, i am the last person that doesnt like a cold beer on the bank while fishing or a single malt in hunting camp, but NOT while shooting at live game! Gotta keep youre senses working for that.
watch youre feet, you may never know where they might take you....

Always scout like you are scouting scouts!

robmoore

#6 Post by robmoore » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:30 am

[quote="g_r"]Hi,

had an experience that still makes me sad and though i know better, feeling like a rat...

Axel[/quote]

If the problem was caused by someone you didn't know, it would not be so hard to report their wrongdoing. Their behaviour leading to the wounding wasn't just some unfortunate accident. It was irresponsible, deliberate and callous.

I guess the biggest disappointment is finding out that people you considered to be friends had sunk so low... but the way you have handled it is the best of a bad situation.

Don't let 'em lower your own principles!

Regards

Bob

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#7 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:57 am

tjensen wrote:Well done mate, it takes a lot of guts to walk a straight line, especially when it involves people you know.
Tony
Well said Tony. I also agree with what others have posted. Axel you took the hard road and did what was right!!! Through their stupid actions those fellas could do untold damge to the Bowhunting way of life. I hope you have success of getting Bowhunting allowed again in your country.

Stand tall mate you did what was right!

Jeff