Father's Day Recipe

Recipes. What more can one say? You killed it, you eat it. First you gotta cook it...

Moderator: Moderators

Roadie

Father's Day Recipe

#1 Post by Roadie » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:50 pm

As this weekend is Father's Day in USA, my Ole Army mate who lives in Denver Colarado sent me this recipe for SQUIRREL FRICASSEE. All you need is 2 dressed young squirrels, 2lbs.
1-1/2tsp salt, Pepper,1/2 cup flour,1/2cup shortening,1/2 to 3/4 cup water,1-1/2 cups of milk, 1 stp grated onion, if desired.
Directions:
Wipe squirrel thoroughly with a damp cloth, pick off any hair. Remove scent glands. Wash thoroughly inside and out in warm water. Drain well and cut into serving pieces(Never wash after cutting up).Combine salt, pepper and flour and dredge squirrel in this mixture to coat well. Heat shortening in a heavy skillet and brown pieces slowly on all sides to a rich brown, about 1 minute. Add 1/4 cup of the water, cover tightly, reduce the heat and simmer gently until tender (about 30 minutes). Add remaining water as needed, Squirrel should be very tender, when done Remove squirrel to a hot platter, cover to keep hot. Blend any leftover seasoned flour into the the fat remaining in the skillet Add milk gradually and cook until gravy boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Serve at once with squirrel. Add the grated onion for additional flavour if desired. Will serve 4.
Cheers All Roadie
PS Must do this to the next bunny I get.

Gringa Bows

Re: Father's Day Recipe

#2 Post by Gringa Bows » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:55 pm

sounds tasty Roadie,have to try it next time i get a squirrel :mrgreen: