Hello out there

Recipes. What more can one say? You killed it, you eat it. First you gotta cook it...

Moderator: Moderators

Troppo Sticks

Hello out there

#1 Post by Troppo Sticks » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:35 pm

Where are all the bush cooks ? :roll: dont you trad hunters cook when you go bush, perhaps you are canned chefs or have lots of bbq.not that there is any thing wrong with a bbq, as long as you are cookin prawns or chilly mud crabs, send them in, lets hear about your favourite dish.

Mick Smith

#2 Post by Mick Smith » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:59 pm

Troppo

I don't think you'd ever want to be in a hunting camp with me as the cook. I'm one of those people who just want to fill their stomach and get out there hunting. I usually just take a few steaks in the esky which I cook on my little folding grill over the coals (mmm...yum), a few spuds wrapped in foil and chucked into the coals and some surprise peas.

When the ice melts or the meat runs out, it's time to crack open the cans of food (yuk). Although there's some reasonably nice tinned food out there, but you soon get sick of it.

Like I said, I'm no gourmet. :?

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.