goat jerky

Recipes. What more can one say? You killed it, you eat it. First you gotta cook it...

Moderator: Moderators

ozzy

goat jerky

#1 Post by ozzy » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:23 pm

I put a post up here awhile back about getting my first goat with the longbow.....anyway put her to good use....butchered her up and I saved some meat for a jerky ...so did a marinade today and will jerky tomorrow....this is a rough recipe I will tell you.....soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper, honey, brown sugar and paprika.....no measurements just added to what I thought....well I saved a bit of back straps and let sit in the marinade for half an hour and put on the bbq tonight, well I cooked a couple of steaks for the missus and myself and between the beef steaks and the marinaded goat and plain goat the beef steak was near thrown out....hope the jerky is as good

Mick Smith

Re: goat jerky

#2 Post by Mick Smith » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:33 am

It sounds yummy ozzy.
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Muz1970

#3 Post by Muz1970 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:39 am

Hey Ozzy, I'm a big fan of goat meat. Love a good roast leg...my mate has been making jerky from the last couple of goat trips. Comes up nice. On our trips we take a hand mincer and then make up rissoles.

ozzy

#4 Post by ozzy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:22 pm

Muz1970 wrote:Hey Ozzy, I'm a big fan of goat meat. Love a good roast leg...my mate has been making jerky from the last couple of goat trips. Comes up nice. On our trips we take a hand mincer and then make up rissoles.
im a bit partial to it to Muz....had a bit of back strap last night and soaked it the marinade for the jerky for about half an hour....through it on the BBQ with the rest of the meat....was that good I near through out the piece of steak I was having with it.

jerky is looking good