Bodkins

Blades. Knife-making, Flintknapping, sharpening broadheads, etc. A showcase for the talents of Cutlery and Artillery Artisans, and a place to sell and source wares, as well as materials, vendors etc.

Moderator: Moderators

ichiban

Bodkins

#1 Post by ichiban » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:55 pm

hello all,
i was looking for some bodkins in the future and was wondering if any1 here would be able to forge me a few and at wat cost thanks
Im gonna make it bend and break-Fall Out Boy

jaselpool

Re: Bodkins

#2 Post by jaselpool » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:22 pm

What type are you after? I have some new styles on the shop site with Fire baskets due in next week :)

Jason
>>––––––>
New trad archery items now in stock! THE LONGBOW SHOP

ichiban

#3 Post by ichiban » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:47 pm

im looking for needle bodkins at about 145gn but sorry mate at 4 pound each i couldnt afford that
Im gonna make it bend and break-Fall Out Boy

jaselpool

#4 Post by jaselpool » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:39 pm

ichiban wrote:im looking for needle bodkins at about 145gn but sorry mate at 4 pound each i couldnt afford that
Cheap if you live over here :) Hand forged are going to cost a lot. I'll have a dig around some contacts I have and see if there is anyone closer to you bud :)

J
>>––––––>
New trad archery items now in stock! THE LONGBOW SHOP

GrahameA

#5 Post by GrahameA » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Evening Jason
jaselpool wrote:
ichiban wrote:im looking for needle bodkins at about 145gn but sorry mate at 4 pound each i couldnt afford that
Cheap if you live over here :) Hand forged are going to cost a lot. I'll have a dig around some contacts I have and see if there is anyone closer to you bud :)

J
They are around the same price (comparable price) in Oz. Available from Esford's. The Bodkins I seem to remember are of Indian manufacture.

Then again you can always make your own - I machine and grind to the required shape. And before anyone asks the ones from Esford's are about a quarter of what I would want.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.