These are knives WOW

Blades. Knife-making, Flintknapping, sharpening broadheads, etc. A showcase for the talents of Cutlery and Artillery Artisans, and a place to sell and source wares, as well as materials, vendors etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Trad Bound

These are knives WOW

#1 Post by Trad Bound » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:53 pm

Just been on British Blades and found this site he is a knife maker in Thailand. 17 pages of various knives, Crowcreek and Gundy please do not open if you do dial 000 before you start. Check out the wooden sheathes, variations of knives. Jacqui (MrsString) don't let Mark see these all his Xmas's will have to come at once.

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm20/one4444/

When you've finish that check this one knife out by a new maker she has bought a blank and completed it. Her first knife :mrgreen:
http://www.britishblades.com/forums/sho ... hp?t=82025

You have been warned
TonyJ

stringnstik

Re: These are knives WOW

#2 Post by stringnstik » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:45 am

ok ok i can take the hint, I have two knives in the works and neither of em finished yet. Must get back into it.

That green one is georgeous, dont show mrsstik that one or she'l want one too.

thanks tony
"I am the arrow..the arrow is me...together as one...I fly to thee"
"the stick maybe crooked and the string hath no form,
then married by bowyer, transforms when first drawn"
"twang....thud"

MrsStringnstik

#3 Post by MrsStringnstik » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:32 pm

oh yeah.... too late!! " ... ooh!! aahh!!! " ;-)
"There will of course be no mention of the rumour that Mrs stringnstik shot better than I did." Stringnstik!!

Trad Bound

#4 Post by Trad Bound » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:07 pm

Jacqui I'm so surprised you like that green one, ripper isn't it. The blank is very cheap to buy I've found it on the web.
TonyJ

Crowcreek2

#5 Post by Crowcreek2 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:11 pm

Thanks for sharing Tony.

....some very nice work there - must admit for a first effort the little green knife is fantastic. Way better than I could ever do!!

Chase N. Nocks

#6 Post by Chase N. Nocks » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:27 pm

Trad Bound wrote:Jacqui I'm so surprised you like that green one, ripper isn't it. The blank is very cheap to buy I've found it on the web.
TonyJ
Can you remember the link for that Tony? I know it is a while ago.

A beautiful knife indeed. The only thing I would do differently would be to add a guard. It's just one of my qwirks I know, thats the way I'm built, knives without guards just leave me a little distant. Like folders without locking mechanisms or bows without handles... :roll:

Cheers
Troy
I am an Archer. I am not a traditional archer, bowhunter, compound shooter or target archer.....I am an Archer
"Shooting the Stickbow"

....enforced by the "whistling grey-goose wing."
"The Witchery of Archery"

Trad Bound

#7 Post by Trad Bound » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:57 pm

Hi troy
Its Smoky Mountains Knife Works

Go to search and write in Blank in to it , a bit of fiddling around to get it but here is a link http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerce/pr ... t&range=11
and then start searching be aware some of the blanks come from pakistan etc. In fact I think that particular one might.
cheers tony

perry

#8 Post by perry » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:45 am

Fair go Troy :shock: , harden up mate :D :D Knives without guards,Bows without handles :shock: , :?: :?: obvious you have gone from Grunge to Metrosexual :oops: :oops: Distant indeed :? :lol: :lol:

Will follow Smoky Mountain up and have a look around, knife kits are always worth a look

regards Jacko
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin