Steve Jarwerth

Blades. Knife-making, Flintknapping, sharpening broadheads, etc. A showcase for the talents of Cutlery and Artillery Artisans, and a place to sell and source wares, as well as materials, vendors etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Nephew

Steve Jarwerth

#1 Post by Nephew » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:29 pm

We all know about Steves bows available through Wildwood Archery. Although I've not seen one, I'm assured they are of the highest quality. I would like to add that should you ever get a chance to buy a knife Steve has made, take it. I just took delivery of a Scandi Steve made and I honestly think it's the best knife I've ever bought. If my daughter doesn't want it when I'm old I sure hope she gives me a grandson to pass it to. The workmanship is next to none, the aesthetic value just amazing, and I've never seen a knife with an edge like it, frighteningly sharp!! :shock: He also makes a great sheath that needs no metal clips to fail on you. They are made in a way that you can hold them upside down with the knife in it, shake it and the knife will not move.
If you see one, grab it, you will never regret it.
Last edited by Nephew on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

jape

Re: Steve Jarwerth

#2 Post by jape » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:06 pm

Mate, you must have done something to really please the Minster of Finances! :lol: You all kitted out now? Lucky bugger. :lol:

Coach

#3 Post by Coach » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:02 pm

Moreton wrote: I just took delivery of a Scandi Steve made and I honestly think it's the best knife I've ever bought.
I am gutted Moreton , think I might go out to the shed and see how sharp my knives are :cry: :oops: 8) :lol:

Nephew

#4 Post by Nephew » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:45 pm

I know old mate! I really thought hard before I wrote that, because I knew you'd read it! I know your only playing around, too, but still I did consider how you'd feel, Jeff. All I can say is, as great a knife as you make...well you just gotta see this! You'll understand once you've held it, mate, I swear! :wink: :D I currently own two of Coaches creations, folks and I'll own a couple more before I'm finished. I can certainly vouch for his workmanship as well.
Jape, mate you have no idea just how many hours I had to sit and be interrogated through our equivalent of Senate Finance Committee hearings! The Minister can be very scary when it's all business!
Last edited by Nephew on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Coach

#5 Post by Coach » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:49 pm

I bet you are just dazzled by the shiny mirror finish on the cutting edge 8) :lol:

otis.drum

#6 Post by otis.drum » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:45 pm

can we get some photos mate?
...otis...

Steven J

#7 Post by Steven J » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:12 pm

Thanks for the great feedback Craig :oops:

Coach, you too can have a dazzling mirror finish... :wink:

I have been mucking about with diamond paste for sharpening. There is a seller on Ebay from Hong Kong who delivered 12 tubes of paste from 40 micron to 0.5 micron were about $35. Spread a pea sized amount onto a block of hardwood for sharpening in the coarser grits then polishing as you get finer. I generally go from the stone to 24, 14, 5 then 1 micron. Craig you might like to invest in this kit also. One tip, don't sand a block of timber flat, use a plane. The grit from the sandpaper will ruin the finish and edge.

Coach, as a lifetime member of the Mutual Admiration Society, it is important for me to say that I have seen a couple of your blades and think you do an awesome job also.

I have posted photos on the Trading Post. I am on dial up so I will leave you to find them there.

Steve
http://www.stevenjawerth.weebly.com

On Christ the solid rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand. Edward Mote, 1797-1874

Nephew

#8 Post by Nephew » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:55 am

Here you go, Otis- http://www.ozbow.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7608
I'll check that kit out, Steve. Thanks mate.

jape

#9 Post by jape » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:46 am

What you doing up this time of night mate?

Glenn

#10 Post by Glenn » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:59 am

You got a good buy there Moreton. Very nice looking knife Steve, the sheath alone is a work of art, good job Steve...Glenn...

Gringa Bows

#11 Post by Gringa Bows » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:04 am

nice lookin knife there Craig :) .....Rod

Nephew

#12 Post by Nephew » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:00 pm

jape wrote:What you doing up this time of night mate?
I could have asked you the same thing! :wink: :D No real reason last night, just was, y'know?
Thanks for comments fellas, the credit is all Steves. I was just the joker with the job of convincing The Minister our budget projections could tolerate the payments! :?

jape

#13 Post by jape » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:44 pm

I was full of coffee and watching the fires, wasn't too worried until ash started to drift down which pointed out that the wind was directly my way! Loaded the trailer and then started drifting round the web looking at things I would like. My Finance Minister is MR. VISA and he stopped me buying a 3D ASAT suit, a broadhead sharpener, a sword blank and a chain mail coif, whatever would I need one of those for!

Coach

#14 Post by Coach » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:47 pm

Steven J wrote:
Coach, as a lifetime member of the Mutual Admiration Society, it is important for me to say that I have seen a couple of your blades and think you do an awesome job also.

Steve
Aww, shucks , thankyou :oops: :D