interesting find, richards knives?

Blades. Knife-making, Flintknapping, sharpening broadheads, etc. A showcase for the talents of Cutlery and Artillery Artisans, and a place to sell and source wares, as well as materials, vendors etc.

Moderator: Moderators

coolhippy80

interesting find, richards knives?

#1 Post by coolhippy80 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:36 pm

hey all.
well, this week, we are moving house, just to another place in town, and as a was cleanng out our "useful draw" (99% crap in there...) i came across an old pocket knife. it had no handle scales attatched, one plain carbon steel blade and a bluntly serrated looking thing, i think is for scaling fish? and spring tension locking. (a bit of spring steel along the spine of the handle that holds it shut and open...)
anyway, i cleaned it up and sharpened it, it seems like very good steel. after a bit of sanding i notices down the bottom of the blade was stamped
"richards
sheffield
enland" with what looks like a little lighhouse running up between the letters...
with the whole house in boxes, its a bit hard to get photos right now, but next week i could try..
i googled it and only found old ones for sale, does anyone know anything about these knives they could share? possible manufacture dates etc?
Thanks, gus.
Keep Tasmania clean. No Pulp Mill!

nimrod

Re: interesting find, richards knives?

#2 Post by nimrod » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:44 pm

mate if you google british blades forum some one there will prolly know abot it cheers

coolhippy80

Re: interesting find, richards knives?

#3 Post by coolhippy80 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:54 pm

ok thanks mate :)
Keep Tasmania clean. No Pulp Mill!