knife maker sbs tonight 8.00pm

Blades. Knife-making, Flintknapping, sharpening broadheads, etc. A showcase for the talents of Cutlery and Artillery Artisans, and a place to sell and source wares, as well as materials, vendors etc.

Moderator: Moderators

jape

knife maker sbs tonight 8.00pm

#1 Post by jape » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:03 pm

sorry its late, I just noticed, for those who enjoy blades, SBS tonight at 8.00pm, a show about knife-making.

jape

Re: knife maker sbs tonight 8.00pm

#2 Post by jape » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:08 am

It was interesting to see this, not much about blade-making but good to see a fella making, forging top blades and teaching local youngsters, teaching them values too, as they worked. Looks like a very attractive part of Tassy.

Steven J

#3 Post by Steven J » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:19 am

Those kids are lucky to have a teacher that is interested in teaching them a skill in such a broad minded manner. Not only do they learn about making knives, but also about helping others, being responsible, and being part of the community.

I liked the fact that the smith addressed the concept of a knife as a weapon. Being such a good cook, gave the smith another / softer side that would help smooth public opinion of such a "dangerous" past time.

I got the feeling that they purchased some new safety glasses for the show, but oh well... I have only ever worn goggles when welding and have never found that scale gets in your eyes anyway.

Steve
http://www.stevenjawerth.weebly.com

On Christ the solid rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand. Edward Mote, 1797-1874

Brett Finger

#4 Post by Brett Finger » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:07 pm

agreed,
a execlent show, if fact i'm loking foward to the bee lady form that particuler community on next week show.
Kind Regards, Brett :D
So long as the new Moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow , so long will the fasicnation of Archery keep hold of the hearts of Men
Foundation member - East Coast TRAD Bowhunters - E.C.T.B - we are smoke, we are rumor
NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him

coolhippy80

#5 Post by coolhippy80 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:11 pm

i was out that night, but got my mate to tape it for me, will go and see it tonight :D
Keep Tasmania clean. No Pulp Mill!