Armguard sheath knife

Blades. Knife-making, Flintknapping, sharpening broadheads, etc. A showcase for the talents of Cutlery and Artillery Artisans, and a place to sell and source wares, as well as materials, vendors etc.

Moderator: Moderators

perry

Armguard sheath knife

#1 Post by perry » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:51 pm

3 or 4 weeks ago I was looking through Trad Gang and found a post where a fella was showing his new armguard sheath knife set . I had seen them before but had never gotton around to making one to see how handy they where .

About the same time I bought a lovely little drop point damascus steel knife with a 3 1/2 " blade with the idea of making a neck sheath to see if they where worthwhile which I have finished bar the 4 plait cord I must teach myself to plait up .

It's not that fancy as I plan too give it a good work over out hunting . Its very comfortable and you don't notice the extra weight of the knife which also has plenty of bow string clearance being on the bottom of the armguard .

I'm impressed enough with how handy they are now to press ahead with a fancy job . regards Perry
Attachments
armguard knife.jpg
armguard knife.jpg (34.75 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
9th feb 08 036.JPG
9th feb 08 036.JPG (25.85 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

ole_silver

#2 Post by ole_silver » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:44 pm

Well done Perry..

looks very good mate...

Steve..
ole_silver1..................

"have a go now, 'fore ya can't have a go at all"