Another Sharpening Tool

Blades. Knife-making, Flintknapping, sharpening broadheads, etc. A showcase for the talents of Cutlery and Artillery Artisans, and a place to sell and source wares, as well as materials, vendors etc.

Moderator: Moderators

erron

Another Sharpening Tool

#1 Post by erron » Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:17 pm

I have and use one of these. They are great for field touch ups, being small. Plus, they really work, unlike some of the gadgets this hopeless sharpener has been fooled into parting with money for over the years :evil: :x

Erron
Attachments
SwissIstor.jpg
SwissIstor.jpg (164.08 KiB) Viewed 3569 times

Buford

#2 Post by Buford » Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:39 pm

:o i saw them in a gift shop selling all that crap tourists buy! like wide brim hats with the corks on it! :D . do they work well? they gave me the usual "oh thier great!" sell, but i thought cause it was in such a weird place, they wouldn't be all they are cracked up to be.

ps. dont ask why i was in said shop :shock:
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

erron

#3 Post by erron » Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:49 pm

Matt,

I’ve sharpened everything from axes to pen knives with mine, and they DO work quite well, especially once you work out the angle, pressure etc.

I carry one when hunting, it’s great to put the edge back on the broadhead after it’s buried into the dirt real real real close to the rabbit/fox etc. :roll: I usually use Dave Pender’s Razor Edge to put the first edge on a broadhead, then touch up with this.

I’m no expert when it come to sharpening (as evidenced by my input on the other thread :o ) but this seems to work for me.

Gundy has seen it in action, maybe he could give his opinion?

Erron

Penno

#4 Post by Penno » Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:12 pm

The swiss sharpener works a treat as long as you dont use to much pressure as it can remove a lot of metal,works well after using the diamond stone you guys helped me with
Thanks
Adrian

ozlongbow

#5 Post by ozlongbow » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:09 am

Buford
You were in the shop to add to your collection of snow domes - you now have one with the Big Banana in a snowstorm, right?
And how's that hat with corks on it working out for you?

L
"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold of the hearts of men."
Maurice Thompsen, 1878.

Buford

#6 Post by Buford » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:26 pm

nah cletus,
was in there looking for a christmas gift for you, but alas, they were right out of rainbow suspenders and "Coffs Coast" tea towels with george gregan on em' :D

cheers
buford

ozlongbow

#7 Post by ozlongbow » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:33 pm

Buford
Guess you'd better just send me a Big Banana teaspoon. I'll send you a wallet made out of cane toad ball sacks. Its not a big wallet but then you ain't got no money anyhow, not since the Feds busted up your daddy's still.
Cletus
"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold of the hearts of men."
Maurice Thompsen, 1878.

Buford

#8 Post by Buford » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:37 pm

yeah was a dark day..... you could smell the whiskey burnin....... :lol:

erron

#9 Post by erron » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:54 pm

not since the Feds busted up your daddy's still
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Buford, but that's 2-nil! Get up off the canvas, man! :lol:

Really, 'aint it time you boys kissed and made up? :wink:

Erron

ozlongbow

#10 Post by ozlongbow » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:13 am

Erron
Hey you should see us when we are truly ****** with each other - this is how we talk as mates!
Its funny, no matter how many times he cops an ass whoopin', ol' Buford keeps on comin' back for mo', like that coon dog he had once that done got backed over by a pick-up. Stupidist dawg I ever did see.
Cletus
Maurice Thompsen, 1878.

Buford

#11 Post by Buford » Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:21 am

Really, 'aint it time you boys kissed and made up? :wink:
erron, i herd last time cletus kissed and made up, he done woke next morning in the gutter outside the jerry springer studios, feelin cheap and abused, lyin' next to fat, bald man with no teeth named bubba, who rolled over, nodded and said "yeah... you my bitch now boy" :D

check....... mate!

buford

gundy

#12 Post by gundy » Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:09 am

nice tool Erron, and THANKS! :shock: :D :wink: