Something Old, Something New...

Blades. Knife-making, Flintknapping, sharpening broadheads, etc. A showcase for the talents of Cutlery and Artillery Artisans, and a place to sell and source wares, as well as materials, vendors etc.

Moderator: Moderators

erron

Something Old, Something New...

#1 Post by erron » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:45 pm

First up, an old knife - my first, given as a 10th.?? birthday present - which I put to good use splitting open oysters on the rocks at Mallacoota :shock: Note the pitted end, very useful for rock bashing...

Then, a newie: a little trout knife I bought a year or so back at a knife show. Great for cleaning and filleting small fish; useless for anything else :!: Really like the way the sheath fits on the belt in a horizontal position, though.

Memo Peter: As you can see, I desperately need a good skinning knife, for all those woolly mammoths I'm about to score in the years ahead :wink: I PROMISE I'll take better care of it than I have, knives in the past. Hey, I'm even learning how to sharpen these things!

Erron
Attachments
Trout_Knife_Knife_Side_View.jpg
Trout_Knife_Knife_Side_View.jpg (52.49 KiB) Viewed 1719 times
Old_Oyster_Knife_End_View.jpg
Old_Oyster_Knife_End_View.jpg (42.67 KiB) Viewed 1719 times
Old_Oyster_Knife_Side_View.jpg
Old_Oyster_Knife_Side_View.jpg (61.04 KiB) Viewed 1719 times

RICKO

#2 Post by RICKO » Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:32 pm

Erron-the first picture of your old knife is the same as i have,have had the same one for years & years,it has done some hard work,( ,including the sheaf,),the sheaf has died tho,had to get a new one made.

erron

#3 Post by erron » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:14 am

Ricko,

amazing, I thought I must have had the only one in existence! Yes, the sheath on mine is getting a bit long in the tooth now, as well. Many good memories with this knife though.

Erron

Tuffcity

#4 Post by Tuffcity » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:26 am

Erron,
Great for cleaning and filleting small fish; useless for anything else
Not true, if you ever get to caping an animal for a mount you'll find those little knives invaluable for turning ears and skinning around eyes and other finicky areas.

RC
That which doesn't kill me better run for cover...

erron

#5 Post by erron » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:06 pm

Ah, okay, thanks for that Richard! So much to learn, so little time! :?

Erron

gundy

#6 Post by gundy » Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:14 pm

Peter! Quick! Get this man a decent knife so I do not have to look at that poor beat up beauty above! SHE, has done her time Erron, let her go mate, let her go!