? for Peter

Blades. Knife-making, Flintknapping, sharpening broadheads, etc. A showcase for the talents of Cutlery and Artillery Artisans, and a place to sell and source wares, as well as materials, vendors etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Bullwinkle

? for Peter

#1 Post by Bullwinkle » Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:34 am

I am in the market for an all purpose folder with a 3-3 1/2 blade, some thing made in D2 steel. Do you make something like that? If so what are your thoughts on a knife that would suit that purpose? Any help would be much appreciated, Fenton.

erron

#2 Post by erron » Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:48 pm

Fenton,

you can check out Peter's site at:

http://www.jenseneliteblades.com

It's undergoing change at the moment, but there is a number of great knives on display there!

Erron

JensenEliteBlades

#3 Post by JensenEliteBlades » Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:40 am

Fenton,
i dont make folders at the moment........ im working on a couple of designs, but they wont be prototyped until early 2004.

D2 is a great choice for a using blade..... but because its a tough steel to manufacture with, it rare for production companies to use it.

While i dont know what your intended budget is, or the style of knife you prefer, i can highly recommend the AFCK made by Benchmade Knives...... i carried one of these for a couple of years while doing security and BG work. Later i passed this knife on to my father who carried it and used it daily in his duties as a caretaker/manager (he abused the hell out of it clearing bush and removing palm fronds, and numerous other unspeakable acts you shouldnt use a folder for)
Point is , it never missed a beat.
Mine was made from ATS34...... but they have recently released them in D2 !!!!
ill try to find a pics (or you can do a web search.

Silverfox.

#4 Post by Silverfox. » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:10 am

G'day Fenton,

I have to 2nd Peter's words about Benchmade folders. I have one that I've carried at work now for 5 years and it still is going strong! It looks abit like a Spyderco folder with the thumb hole cut in ( or out ?) and is a very handy knife, with a belt or pocket clip, there easy to use and open with one hand. O yeh its also made out of ATS 34.

Hope this helps ol mate, regards Al.

Did you get my mail, Wooly?

JensenEliteBlades

#5 Post by JensenEliteBlades » Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:11 am

Sounds like we a talking about the same knives.
I believe that Benchmade has only ever made one model of knife with the Spyderco hole.
Below is a pics of my two AFCK..... both have been modified a bit though.
On the all black one , ive added the serrations (and a few bumps and scratches)
The satin blade version i have started to reshape the blade as well as smoothing the handle.
The newest versions of this knife include the option of an "Axis" lock instead of the liner lock, D2 blades, and an oval opening hole.
Attachments
AFCK.jpg
AFCK.jpg (77.01 KiB) Viewed 2080 times

Silverfox.

#6 Post by Silverfox. » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:20 am

Peter , mine is a little bit dif than yours. If I had a didi camra I'd post a few pics :? Same type of knife but mine has bumps on the top of the blade where your thumb go's.

Alan. 8)

Bullwinkle

#7 Post by Bullwinkle » Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:23 pm

I had a look on the Benchmade website last knife, and what can I say other than I shouldn't have :lol: . Now I want a few of there knives. They do have quite a few knives with the same opening style as the Spyderco, but they have a lot of options that the Spyderco don't have by the looks of it. I do like the look of them though, and they have the style of blade in D2 I am after. Now all I have to do is sublimily send a message to the better half that Ihalf to have one for chrismas or I will die :lol: