and another this afternoon

Blades. Knife-making, Flintknapping, sharpening broadheads, etc. A showcase for the talents of Cutlery and Artillery Artisans, and a place to sell and source wares, as well as materials, vendors etc.

Moderator: Moderators

jindydiver

and another this afternoon

#1 Post by jindydiver » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:31 pm

I just finished another.
Going to be my last stag handle for a while, they are a pain to get off the antler.
This is for one of our members
Mick

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:30 pm

Nice one, I'm sure the new owner will be very happy with it.

Jeff

Mick Smith

#3 Post by Mick Smith » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:12 pm

It looks nice alright mate. 8)

You've taken a fair bit off the outer surface of the antler and it's given the handle a different sort of look, almost like bone, but there's still just enough to see what it actually is. I like it. :wink:

What's the three grooves on the back of the blade for?

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

jindydiver

#4 Post by jindydiver » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:16 pm

Mick
It is only a small blade and I put those there for the owners thumb to rest on if he wants to put some power behind it to cut briskets or whatever. The blade will stand up to plenty of hard work, it is made from 5mm stock. I skeletonized the handle before putting the scales on to so it would be just as light as the 3mm knives.
Mick

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln