new blades from old

Blades. Knife-making, Flintknapping, sharpening broadheads, etc. A showcase for the talents of Cutlery and Artillery Artisans, and a place to sell and source wares, as well as materials, vendors etc.

Moderator: Moderators

gaz

new blades from old

#1 Post by gaz » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:06 am

hey guys, there is something about blades that attracts some people, me for one! I dont much like new ones although they are nice to look at. I look around markets and second hand shops for the old missused knives people have negleted. I`ve found some beauties. Awhile ago I picked up this rusty blob paid $3 for it when I got it home and started to clean it up an eagle appeared on the blade , turns out its a ww2 german dager what a find.I have restored it back to a functional knife. its 1/2 inch shorter now it looks like it was used to open paint cans for a while as the tip was bent when i tried to straighten it it snaped off . I`ve reshaped the blade as close as orriginal replaced the bolsters ,made new sheath, the metal one was too far gone .I`ll post some photos as soon as i can
see ya GAZ.

ET

#2 Post by ET » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:33 pm

Gday

My hunting knife was just an old blade that was just lying around in the shed.Then Dad and i put a handle on it and its as good as new,its about the right knife for me to be carrying around in the bush.

Gaz

You are right, that is quiet a find for the amount of money you paid.

ET :wink:

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:41 pm

Gaz,

Good find.

I agree, there is a lot of GOOD old stuff lyin around waiting to be found!

Jeff