"Triumph" knife

Blades. Knife-making, Flintknapping, sharpening broadheads, etc. A showcase for the talents of Cutlery and Artillery Artisans, and a place to sell and source wares, as well as materials, vendors etc.

Moderator: Moderators

blu-dog

"Triumph" knife

#1 Post by blu-dog » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:48 pm

Due to a current health issue, that I've just been diagnosed with - I've had an idea and am looking for a knife maker that might consider helping me make it a reality...
I would like a custom made knife that can have, "Challenge October 2015" engraved or etched one side of the blade and "Triumph (date)" on the other side when surgery and treatment is completed and I'm given the all clear.

Any ideas who could help out?
The best trophies I can hope to acquire as a husband, father, friend or hunter are MEMORIES!
They will travel with me wherever life's path leads...

bigbob

Re: "Triumph" knife

#2 Post by bigbob » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:24 am

sorry to hear you have health issues and wish you a speedy recovery, mate. Re the knife there are a few talented knife makers on here that might oblige you. I know one guy from our club was making some very nice knives but he hasn't done much of late that I am aware of but he goes under 'swami' on here. Might e worth an email to him . all the best!
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

blu-dog

#3 Post by blu-dog » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:34 pm

Thanks Bob - off to hospital tomorrow - so will follow up when I get back out into the world!
The best trophies I can hope to acquire as a husband, father, friend or hunter are MEMORIES!

Ian Turner

#4 Post by Ian Turner » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:30 am

Hey mate all the best and i truely hope you TRIUMPH over your current adversity.
Cheers
Ian

UPTHETOP

#5 Post by UPTHETOP » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:54 am

Thinking of you mate, all the best.

Cheers Wayno
Justastik Arrow Craft, Its all about the Wood.

blu-dog

#6 Post by blu-dog » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:21 am

Just an update - headed to Brisbane but my surgery was cancelled the night before. Turns out it is a different type of tumour and they want to try and shrink it with medication, as it is encasing the carotid artery and they wouldn't have been able to get it all out anyway.
So am back home again, but taking some time off work, as I still get the nasty headaches - hopefully these will ease over the coming weeks as the growth shrinks.

But it has provided a great excuse to get out of undesirable household tasks... :biggrin: