Handy camp tool

Blades. Knife-making, Flintknapping, sharpening broadheads, etc. A showcase for the talents of Cutlery and Artillery Artisans, and a place to sell and source wares, as well as materials, vendors etc.

Moderator: Moderators

UPTHETOP

Handy camp tool

#1 Post by UPTHETOP » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:45 am

I made this small I don't know what you would call it not a Hatchet but small camp chopper I suppose. I cut it out originally for a throwing axe but it was to light and wouldn't keep to the log it would just bounce off even when struck correctly. So I cut the hook of the handle and put a wood handle to it and you would be surprised how much you use it for small odd jobs around the camp site. I know it has some pattern floors but hey I wasn't gonna throw it away. She's a roughy but it works.

Cheers Wayno
Attachments
DSCF0005.JPG
DSCF0005.JPG (114.98 KiB) Viewed 4330 times
Justastik Arrow Craft, Its all about the Wood.

Mattkaye

Re: Handy camp tool

#2 Post by Mattkaye » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:12 am

Be great for having around the camp and small enough to carry on your belt. I can't count how many times I wish I had an axe or machete when feild dressing game iv shot. Would make those legs come of a hell of a lot faster!

Bill
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Bill » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:41 am

:biggrin: Nice job Wayno,
I can see a very useful bit of a camping gear there no problem, but if you turn that flat in the hook a bit rounder it would be very useful also as a pot, billy, and lid lifter and so forth. 8) I'm sure you understand. :smile:

perry

#4 Post by perry » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:12 pm

Top Utility Tool, Wayno, look forward to Mk2

regards Jacko
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin