Scissors

Blades. Knife-making, Flintknapping, sharpening broadheads, etc. A showcase for the talents of Cutlery and Artillery Artisans, and a place to sell and source wares, as well as materials, vendors etc.

Moderator: Moderators

timbo

Scissors

#1 Post by timbo » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:25 pm

I have an old pair of scissors that I would like to get restored/refurbished for my wife. They are about 300mm long and made by Weiss. Are there any knife guys that would be interested in taking on a project like this?

Cheers Tim
Get Up, Get Out, and Get into em!

Bent Stick

Re: Scissors

#2 Post by Bent Stick » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:56 am

Mate drop into your local hairdresser and ask who does their scissors, they usually hav a pro that does the rounds and does magical stuff with scissors
If your not having fun, your doing it for all the wrong reasons

timbo

#3 Post by timbo » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:49 am

Thanks for the tip. I had given the hair dressers a thought.

Cheers Tim
Get Up, Get Out, and Get into em!

matt61

#4 Post by matt61 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:34 pm

Yep Hair dressers scissors are super sharp, my local hairdresser was giving me a trim and she cut my ear and me being the thickhead I am did not even feel her do it. :roll: She never said anything but gave me a discount on the haircut, well I found out why she gave me the discount looking in the mirror later that night and I tried to pull the dag that was hanging of my ear. It was a little triangle of skin, still attached. :shock:
Matt