Kitchen knife

Blades. Knife-making, Flintknapping, sharpening broadheads, etc. A showcase for the talents of Cutlery and Artillery Artisans, and a place to sell and source wares, as well as materials, vendors etc.

Moderator: Moderators

kimall

Kitchen knife

#1 Post by kimall » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:58 pm

I finished this one today with a new style of cover.It is a kitchen knife so it will be protected a bit in the draw with this type of cover.The knife is made from L6 steel and has a resin handle.I like wood better but am experimenting a bit with materials that are not affected by water.
Cheers KIM

Poppy

#2 Post by Poppy » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:07 pm

Nice work Kim, Only one problem you give them a new kitchen knife and they want a new kitchen :lol:
Seriously a fine job well done.
Paul

hillbilly WA

#3 Post by hillbilly WA » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:01 pm

Nice work Kimall :D

What material is that? Usually i don't like those resin style handles and prefer wood but that does look really nice, and, as you said, is really practical.

I am going to try a wooden sheath when i get round to making a knife as it looks really good on that.

Carl
I did have a signature... It was a very good one in fact... It made me laugh... But i lost it... So i dont have one anymore.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:08 pm

Looks good Kim.
Only one problem you give them a new kitchen knife and they want a new kitchen
:lol:

Jeff

Shadow

#5 Post by Shadow » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:13 pm

Might seem like a dumb question Kim, but how do you do the artwork? Obviously you burn it into the wood, what I am trying to get at is, do you freehand a pencil sketch first, trace and transfer or are you just naturally talented and jump straight in with the hot soldering iron? I would like to try some myself one day.

Thanks

Mick

P.S I must try and meet up with you sometime as I travel to your neck of the woods reasonably regularly.

kimall

He hE

#6 Post by kimall » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:53 pm

Shadow I am more ortistic than artistic so I trace a pencil outline on the job and then attack it with the soldering iron.I get the pics from a woodburning site to use.I am always keen to meet new people so if you are keen PM me your number and I will give you a ring sometime.
Cheers KIM