Blades. Knife-making, Flintknapping, sharpening broadheads, etc. A showcase for the talents of Cutlery and Artillery Artisans, and a place to sell and source wares, as well as materials, vendors etc.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
This blade has sat unfinished for the last 12 months but I had a couple of rain days home from work so I decided to make the handle and sheath. It is made from an old leaf spring. I heat treated it as though it was 5160 and maybe it was . The 58-60 rc file tells me it's nice and hard and so does the stone. The sheath is a bit nasty but functional. Before I took photos I have beat the hell out of thing with no edge damage. I think its now time to stop making scrapyard practice knives and buy some known steel. Probably get some 1084.
- 2021-03-28 16.02.59.jpg (189.64 KiB) Viewed 2007 times
- 2021-03-28 16.04.41.jpg (217.38 KiB) Viewed 2007 times
- 2021-03-28 16.05.10.jpg (165.29 KiB) Viewed 2007 times
- 2021-03-28 16.05.41.jpg (179.44 KiB) Viewed 2007 times
- 2021-03-28 16.06.40.jpg (113.79 KiB) Viewed 2007 times