he who laughs last laughs best ...

Got a joke too good to keep to yourself? This is where to put it. While all the other Campfires are expected to be reasonably 'serious' in nature, this is where we let our hair down.

Moderator: Moderators

jape

he who laughs last laughs best ...

#1 Post by jape » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:36 pm

This happened today when registering my m'bike, told a mate but just had to pass it on to you lot ... they are little Hitlers these office bureaucrats, I set it all up on the phone carefully to make sure when I trailered the bike up and took it in I had all the necessary forms. They reckoned the Bill of Sale I presented wasn't good enough as it didn't have a signature ... I nearly lost my cool, told them I hadn't been told that was required and it was an electronic transaction to a registered company with letterhead and ABN all that, they just blanked on me and actually said I could have forged it, anyone could have printed it! I said if I had forged the Invoice I would have forged a signature then they threatened to call the cops in! And they wouldn't listen just kept waving this regulation at me, but in the end I calmed down because you can't win with such people (female) and I got the Bike shop to fax another copy with a signature on it. I roared with laughter because the boys at the bike shop just scrawled 'Y F wankers' across it almost illegibly to look like a signature! The female Hitler didn't notice and I nearly wet myself trying to keep a straight face.

otis.drum

Re: he who laughs last laughs best ...

#2 Post by otis.drum » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:51 pm

Jape,
thats great,... but.... i think you should wait a few days, call to make sure the transfer has gone through, then ring the hitler and ask her to read the signature.
...otis...