Tony Abbot in the sights

Got a joke too good to keep to yourself? This is where to put it. While all the other Campfires are expected to be reasonably 'serious' in nature, this is where we let our hair down.

Moderator: Moderators

matt61

Tony Abbot in the sights

#1 Post by matt61 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:54 pm

With the trouble Tony Abbot is in at the moment, I keep having visions of Julia Bishop dressed like Elmer Fudd with shotgun in hand and saying ...sshhh be very very quiet we are hunting Abbots!!!!! :lol:
Matt

Mick Smith

Re: Tony Abbot in the sights

#2 Post by Mick Smith » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:24 pm

Poor old Tony. Everyone seems to have him in their sights at the moment. I think we're all expecting too much from him, after all, as he said himself, "I'm not the suppository of all knowledge." :biggrin:
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

matt61

#3 Post by matt61 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:39 pm

Maybe Tony was thinking of Royalty and Knighthoods when he said Sir-positry :lol: Mick
Matt

Dennis La Varenne

#4 Post by Dennis La Varenne » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:37 am

My sister sent me something about Tony Abbott as follows -

Tragedies and Accidents

Prime Minister Abbott and Education Minister Christopher Pyne were visiting a primary school. They were taken into a classroom where the students were discussing words and their meanings.

The teacher asked the Prime Minister whether he would care to lead a discussion on the word “Tragedy”. Not sure where this was going, the Prime Minister asked the class to give him an example.

A little boy stood up, and said, “If my best friend, who lives on a farm, was playing in the field, and a tractor ran over him, and killed him, that would be a tragedy”.

“No,” said Tony Abbott, ‘that wouldn’t be a tragedy: that would be an accident”.

A little girl raised her hand: “If the school bus had fifty boys and girls in it, and it drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy”.

“I’m afraid not,” explained Christopher Pyne; “That is what we would call a great loss.”

The room went silent. The children were convinced that most of what they though of as tragedies were not really tragedies. There were no other offers. Tony Abbot’s eyes searched the room. “Can no one here give me an example of a tragedy?”

At the back of the room, a little, bespectacled girl put her hand up, and said in a quiet voice, “If a plane carrying you and Mr Pyne was flying over a Naval firing range and your plane was struck by friendly fire and blown to smithereens, that would be a tragedy”.

“Magnificent!” exclaimed Tony Abbott, “That’s right! And can you tell me why that would be tragedy?”

“Well,” said the girl with the quiet voice, “It has to be a tragedy, because it certainly wouldn’t be a great loss, and it probably wouldn’t be an accident.”
Dennis La Varénne

Have the courage to argue your beliefs with conviction, but the humility to accept that you may be wrong.

QVIS CVSTODIET IPSOS CVSTODES (Who polices the police?) - DECIMVS IVNIVS IVVENALIS (Juvenal) - Satire VI, lines 347–8

What is the difference between free enterprise capitalism and organised crime?

HOMO LVPVS HOMINIS - Man is his own predator.