Power outage revelation

Got a joke too good to keep to yourself? This is where to put it. While all the other Campfires are expected to be reasonably 'serious' in nature, this is where we let our hair down.

Moderator: Moderators

rodlonq

Power outage revelation

#1 Post by rodlonq » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:06 pm

We had a power outage at my place this morning and my PC, laptop, TV, DVD, iPad & my new surround sound music system were all shut down.
Then I discovered that my iPhone battery was flat and to top it off it was raining outside, so I couldn't play golf.
I went into the kitchen to make coffee and then I remembered that this also needs power, so I sat down and talked with my wife for a few hours.

She seems like a nice person.

kerry
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Power outage revelation

#2 Post by kerry » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:43 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is not a fairy tale,if you lose a shoe at midnight , you're drunk.

morganp

#3 Post by morganp » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:08 pm

Oh Gods, that reminds me, I had one of them! Haven't seen her for a while. Now wherever did I leave her ..... was it at the mall? She'll be OK there for a while, natural habitat. That BBQ we went to down in NSW? Damn, it was a while back, I should concentrate more, really. Wasn't all that bad a model either. Never sat and chatted to her like Rod, worth the effort is it?

vic_n

#4 Post by vic_n » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:46 pm

Haven’t spoken to my wife in twenty years.

I don’t like to interrupt her.

rodlonq

#5 Post by rodlonq » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:06 pm

morganp wrote:Oh Gods, that reminds me, I had one of them! Haven't seen her for a while. Now wherever did I leave her ..... was it at the mall? She'll be OK there for a while, natural habitat. That BBQ we went to down in NSW? Damn, it was a while back, I should concentrate more, really. Wasn't all that bad a model either. Never sat and chatted to her like Rod, worth the effort is it?
Thats funny Morgan. Yes it was worth the effort and I found out something new, turns out I am a good listener which is why I haven't been sacked. I just realised that I have been listening all along, like vic_n :lol: :lol:

slowhand

#6 Post by slowhand » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:19 pm

must be a dry place in you backyard where you can have a small fire to put a billy pot on and have the coffee in peace :biggrin:
Trickster and seductress we
tapdancing on mine field every day...
in volatile sway...
Young and Freud would kill each other over us,
yet somehow we just stay...
on our way...