One for the Republicans

Got a joke too good to keep to yourself? This is where to put it. While all the other Campfires are expected to be reasonably 'serious' in nature, this is where we let our hair down.

Moderator: Moderators

looseplucker

One for the Republicans

#1 Post by looseplucker » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:47 am

THE QUEEN'S CORGIS

Prince Charles was walking his mother’s corgis along the Mall when he stopped to speak to one of the men carrying out roadworks.

Unfortunately he didn’t notice a steamroller was trundling along behind him. Nor did the corgis notice and the whole thing ended in quite a mess.

When the steamroller had passed, Prince Charles was dismayed to see each of the corgis squashed flat. They resembled unrecognisable pizzas.

A despondent Charles wandered back to the Palace wondering how in hell he would explain the terrible loss to his mother.

In frustration he kicked a tin into the gutter. When the tin stopped rolling, out popped a genie. “You have one wish, sir”, declared the genie.

“Thank God”, muttered Charles, “It would be wonderful if you could put five squashed corgis back together for me.” “Certainly”, said the genie.

When they both returned to the scene of the disaster the genie took one look and groaned, “I’m a simple genie, not a bloody genius... just look at this! Gizzards all over the place! I can’t even tell what part belongs to what corgi, it’s an impossible request”, said the genie. “I’m sorry, I can’t help you.”

So they both started walking back toward the Palace and the genie was feeling very sorry for Charles.
“Look”, said the genie, “I feel really bad about your corgis so I will give you one more request.”

A shattered Charles thought for a while, “Well you could do one thing for me.”

“Of course”, said the genie. “Whatever you want !”

“Well”, said Charles, “it’s Camilla, I love her very much but, how can I put this... ? She is frightfully 'cosmetically challenged', if you know what I mean. If there is anything you could do it would be awfully appreciated.”

The genie looked at the distraught Charles, “Let’s go back. I’ll have another look at those corgis for you.”
Are you well informed or is your news limited?

bigbob

Re: One for the Republicans

#2 Post by bigbob » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:31 am

:surprised: :surprised: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: gives prunes a good name!
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

Nephew

#3 Post by Nephew » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:00 pm

:lol: :lol: You've gotta wonder about Ol' Charlie, fancy climbing out of Dianas bed to go to Camillas! What's wrong with the man? :confused:
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

looseplucker

#4 Post by looseplucker » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Royalty - they are funny about horses.

Gringa Bows

#5 Post by Gringa Bows » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:26 pm

:lol:

looseplucker

#6 Post by looseplucker » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:59 pm

No Rod, it's true. On the wedding night Charles says to Diana "Would you like to see the Bridal Suite?"

And she says "No Charles, I'll just hang onto your ears till I get used to it"