Older Worker

Got a joke too good to keep to yourself? This is where to put it. While all the other Campfires are expected to be reasonably 'serious' in nature, this is where we let our hair down.

Moderator: Moderators

Roadie

Older Worker

#1 Post by Roadie » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:55 pm

Charley, a new retiree-greeter at his new job, just couldn't seem to get to work on time. Every day he was 5,10, 15 minutes late.
But he was a good worker, really tidy, clean shaven, sharp minded and a real credit to the company and obviously demonstrating their "Older Person Friend" policies.
One day the Boss called him into the office for a Talk.

Charley, I have to tell you, I like your work ethic, you do a bang up job when you finally get here; But your being late so often is quite annoying.
"Yes I know Boss and I am working on it"
Well good, you are a team player. Thats what I like to hear.
Yes Sir, I understand your concern and I will try harder.

Seeming puzzled, the Manager went onto comment, I know your'e retired fom the Armed Forces. What did they say to you there if you showed up late so often?.

The Old man looked down at the floor, then smiled. He laughed quietly, then said with a grin,
"They usually saluted and said Good Morning, ADMIRAL, can I get you a coffee Sir" Cheers Roadie.

hazard

Re: Older Worker

#2 Post by hazard » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Politics is a game played by dishonest people to gain an unfair advantage!

Never under estimate the strength of a cornered coward.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

http://www.bowmanstaxidermy.com.au

kerrille

#3 Post by kerrille » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:10 pm

and whats even funnier is its a true story

...nev...
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont

Bill
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by Bill » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:13 pm

:wink: I can relate to that, :smile: :smile: working for the Dept of Defence twenty plus years, and when the Stars, Crowns and Stripes arrived, is there cream and sugar with that......... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :lol: