Write It Down

Got a joke too good to keep to yourself? This is where to put it. While all the other Campfires are expected to be reasonably 'serious' in nature, this is where we let our hair down.

Moderator: Moderators

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

Write It Down

#1 Post by greybeard » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:33 pm

A couple in their nineties are both having problems remembering things. During a check-up, the doctor tells them that they're physically okay, but they might want to start writing things down to help them remember.

Later that night, while watching TV, the old man gets up from his chair. 'Want anything while I'm in the kitchen?' he asks.
'Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?'
'Sure.'
'Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?' she asks.
'No, I can remember it.'
'Well, I'd like some strawberries on top, too. Maybe you should write it down, so as not to forget it?'
He says, 'I can remember that. You want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries.'
'I'd also like whipped cream. I'm certain you'll forget that, write it down?' she asks.
Irritated, he says, 'I don't need to write it down, I can remember it! Ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream - I got it, for goodness sake!'
Then he toddles into the kitchen.

After about 20 minutes, the old man returns from the kitchen and hands his wife a plate of bacon and eggs. She stares at the plate for a moment.
'Where's my toast?'
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

hazard

Re: Write It Down

#2 Post by hazard » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:11 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: The trouble and strife even had a good laugh! on ya Daryl :lol: :lol:
Politics is a game played by dishonest people to gain an unfair advantage!

Never under estimate the strength of a cornered coward.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

http://www.bowmanstaxidermy.com.au

SouthTexasPighunter

Re: Write It Down

#3 Post by SouthTexasPighunter » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:33 pm

Now that is TOO funny. Thanks for helping get my day started with a laugh.
God Bless.
STP
Peace and Walk The Way of The Hunter