A Retired Couple

Got a joke too good to keep to yourself? This is where to put it. While all the other Campfires are expected to be reasonably 'serious' in nature, this is where we let our hair down.

Moderator: Moderators

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

A Retired Couple

#1 Post by greybeard » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:43 pm

A retired couple, Margaret and Bert, moved to Tamworth.

Bert always wanted a pair of R.M. WILLIAMS boots, so, seeing some on sale, he bought them and wore them home.

Walking proudly, he sauntered into the kitchen and said to his wife, 'Notice anything different about me?'

Margaret looked him over. 'No Darl'

Frustrated, Bert stormed off into the bathroom, undressed and walked back into the kitchen completely naked except for the new R.M. Williams boots.

Again he asked Margaret, a little louder this time, 'Notice anything different NOW?'

Margaret looked up and exclaimed, 'Bert, what's different? It's hanging down today, it was hanging down yesterday, it'll be hanging down again tomorrow, 'cause its always that way'

Furious, Bert yelled, 'AND DO YOU KNOW WHY IT'S HANGING DOWN, MARGARET? DO YOU?'

'No Darl', she replied.

'IT'S HANGING DOWN, BECAUSE IT'S LOOKING AT ME NEW R.M. WILLIAMS BOOTS!!!!'

Without changing her expression, Margaret replied, 'Shoulda bought a hat Bert, shoulda bought a hat.'
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

Gringa Bows

Re: A Retired Couple

#2 Post by Gringa Bows » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:22 pm

:lol:

Jeffro

Re: A Retired Couple

#3 Post by Jeffro » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:58 pm

Keep em coming thats a good one