favicon

Site-related comments, questions and feedback. Also some hints on how to register, post a graphic, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

jape

favicon

#1 Post by jape » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:43 am

Can we have a favicon back please Guy? I use tabs a lot and it would be handy. I think it used to be the bowman.

jape

Re: favicon

#2 Post by jape » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:59 am

ttt

gundy

#3 Post by gundy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:19 pm

Jape,

you want 'favorites' back?

Please explain!

jape

#4 Post by jape » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:58 pm

Hi mate, when you 'save' a site page, or open it as a tab when browsing or save as a favourite or bookmark, depending on your software, and sometimes in the address bar, you will find many sites have a small icon called a 'favicon' alongside of them. This is a small icon image, I think for ozbow it was once a small pic of the 'bowman' image. but you can design anything you want.
Yahoo has a red 'Y', Photobucket has a small camera, Comm. bank has their logo etc etc. So it is a small visual cue that is handy if for example you have a dozen tabs open and are flicking from one to the next. You make a small image, can't remember how many pixels off hand, save it as .icon file (using Irfanview or similar graphics software) and embed it in the web site pages. You should be able to Google 'favicon' and get the methodology easy enough, or if you don't have time, I shall do it for you, just let me know. Or you can just ignore my request, up to you :lol: ! I find them really handy though.

gundy

#5 Post by gundy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:38 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Not sure what happened. Its back on my index page (front page)...is that what you mean?

I overwrote the file with a new one.

jape

#6 Post by jape » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:02 am

Yes! Thanks a lot Guy. I don't save site names in my tabs toolbar, I just save the favicon and name it with just a full-stop to save space, so I have a row of these little icons across the browser tab toolbar for sites I go to daily, and can just click on them instead of having to drop down menus and select from a list etc.

gundy

#7 Post by gundy » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:16 am

A pleasure Mr. Jape! :)