links from admin post notification emails

Site-related comments, questions and feedback. Also some hints on how to register, post a graphic, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

jape

links from admin post notification emails

#1 Post by jape » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:26 am

I get the normal admin notification of topic posting emails and click on them. Almost always, but not every time, I get directed to a login page. Then, after that, almost always it goes to a general forum list page and only sometimes to the actual post linked to. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.
My 'cookies' are set correctly to always allow 'Ozbow' and I have reset them after the site change, I have ticked the 'remeber me' box etc. etc. but still it doesn't go directly as it used to. Annoying if not crucial.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: links from admin post notification emails

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:46 pm

jape,

We will look into this.

Jeff

jape

#3 Post by jape » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:11 pm

This still happens a lot Jeff.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:31 pm

Ok mate we will have a squiz.

Jeff

gundy

#5 Post by gundy » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:26 pm

Jape, I have had a look at your settings and all is fine. It has to be on your end mate???

Must admit, have never come across this sort of thing before...so I can not help you out as for where to look!

jape

#6 Post by jape » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:54 pm

Thanks Guy. I have cookies set for Ozbow and sometimes when I click on three links from emails in succession, one or two will work and one or two will not. May be a timeout thing.

jape

#7 Post by jape » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:55 pm

Still happening Guy - I have cookies set for Ozbow and sometimes they work and it takes me direct to the post from the email link, other times it asks me to log in and shows me as a guest then after I log in it takes me to the forums page! I can click on three or four notifications for example and some will work, not always the first clicked, others won't (asks for login while I obviously already am), doesn't seem to be any logic to it. I have no other cookie problems with other sites and forums including some that use phpBB. I think it may be the response times to the request? I am using Firefox (latest ver.3.07) and it has CSLite 1.4 cookie control as an add-on. The link via email comes from Thunderbird 2.0.0.19 (latest version). I am sure it is not the firewall or anti-virus as they work fine whatever the Ozbow server does. Not important of course, just annoying.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#8 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:53 pm

I can't help you mate and Guy is no doubt very much enjoying himself up hunting Chital in north QLD - what a life he has huh? :D He might get to have a look at this again when he gets back.

Jeff

jape

#9 Post by jape » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:21 pm

No hurry at all Jeff. It did it to the notification of your post but after I logged in it took me to the right place. Let us hope Guy is enjoying himself rather than ducking flying palm trees and is using a proper bow not that technical machine thing he bought :lol: .

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#10 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:51 pm

Let us hope Guy is enjoying himself rather than ducking flying palm trees and is using a proper bow not that technical machine thing he bought .
I think the weather would be ok where he is. Somehow I think that machine would have gone with him. :D

Jeff