suggestion regarding avatar thread

Site-related comments, questions and feedback. Also some hints on how to register, post a graphic, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

whadya rekon?

Poll ended at Tue May 09, 2006 11:21 am

yep, good idea
60%
nah, bad idea
20%
who cares
20%

Total votes: 5

choko

suggestion regarding avatar thread

#1 Post by choko » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:17 am

heres the location
http://www.ozbow.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3552
its a cool thread, and quite popular.
my suggestion is ,make it a sticky, and then users can edit their post every time they update their avatar, rather than a new post every time.
this way itll be at the start of "shooting the breeze" and allow new members
to get know regulars and vice versa, kind of an intro section, letting people know where your at with the visual representation of your online pesona.

so whadya rekon?

Mick Smith

#2 Post by Mick Smith » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:40 pm

choko

It's not a bad idea mate. Until recently no one actually elaborated much about their avartars. We all do things for a reason, so a member's avartar usually says something about them and this could be helful to new members, as you say.

Of course not everyone will choose to make mention of their avatar, but that's OK too.

Let's see what everyone else thinks. :wink:

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

erron

#3 Post by erron » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:01 pm

Mate,

it's up to Jeff, as site owner, ultimately. Personally, I think it's a good idea for the medium term, maybe. However, I'd hate to see our fora get choked with a dozen or so 'stickies' at the top the way some sites seem to have gone, is my only caveat.

Good on you for thinking of things like this, nice to get constructive feedback!

:)

Erron

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:06 pm

I personally would rather not see it put it up as a sticky. I don't really think people would go to the thread and edit their post each time they change their avatar.

Anyway thanks for the suggestion and we will see what others think.

Jeff