Login problems

Site-related comments, questions and feedback. Also some hints on how to register, post a graphic, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

waynerob

Login problems

#1 Post by waynerob » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:01 pm

I've been teaching my kids about Internet security and they have finally listened. Far too well, unfortunately. They have set the PC I share with them (I'm between computers) to reject all cookies and have managed to make the restriction permanent. What is needed to allow me to log on to this site without having to use my wife's PC when she's asleep?

Thanks,

Wayne

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:23 pm

Wayne,

I thought that you would be able to change that setting to allow certain cookies but I may be wrong. I think Erron might pop on here later and may be able to help you.

Jeff

waynerob

#3 Post by waynerob » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:23 pm

Jeff,

Thanks, I need to know which cookies in particular as I can't find any that refer specifically to Ozbow. May be a restriction they've placed on php, too. No sense in undoing all their good work!

Wayne

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:20 pm

Wayne,

If you have a firewall they may have blocked all cookies in it. If this is the case go into your firewall program under privacy settings maybe and find the list of sites you visit and Ozbow should be listed. You should be able to change the settings for Ozbow alone. You need to allow session cookies (I think) and that will allow you to stay logged on. The main cookies to block are third party ones I believe. Anyway I'm sure Erron can help more than me.

Jeff

waynerob

#5 Post by waynerob » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:50 pm

Fixed it, it wasn't the kids after all, just a corrupted cookie. :oops: Thanks for the help, anyway.

Wayne

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#6 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:55 pm

Good news mate.

Jeff

erron

#7 Post by erron » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:57 pm

Well, I'm late on the scene, it seems!

Good to hear you're back on the site. We all seem to have cookie problems at once stage or another; it seems to be a good policy to delete them ALL when a problem occurs, although you lose automatic logins on all sites until you reset them :roll:

Erron

waynerob

#8 Post by waynerob » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:27 pm

This one was knocked out by a dud sector on the hard drive. It took out one of the protected system files as well which has made life interesting. I did have to blow away all the cookies but it didn't take long to re-login to all the other sites I need. Thnaks for the help.

Wayne