Viewing order of topics

Site-related comments, questions and feedback. Also some hints on how to register, post a graphic, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Forester

Viewing order of topics

#1 Post by Forester » Tue May 17, 2016 8:17 pm

Hi,

for some reason I cant seem to get the topics to order from the most recent to the oldest. At the moment, when I look at each category, the topics seem to be arranged relatively randomly, not according to the date of the original post, or the date of the last post. This means I have to trawl through the first couple of pages to make sure I am getting the latest posts, while some older posts are remaining at the top of the list.

I am sure that this is most likely just my own ignorance, so could somebody let me know if I can change this and how? I have checked the user control panel and have the topics in Ascending order, I think that is right... Any other ideas or is this just the way it is?

Many thanks!

little arrows

Re: Viewing order of topics

#2 Post by little arrows » Tue May 17, 2016 9:52 pm

with my blonde logic, wouldn't it be descending order - the previous days came after todays? - just checked my user control panel - and yes my topic order is descending......... fuzzy logic at work :)

outbackarcher
Site Admin

#3 Post by outbackarcher » Wed May 18, 2016 12:06 pm

Some posts will remain at the top of each category as these are "sticky" posts, they have
stuck to the top of the category for various reasons so they will always show up first.

If the regular topics are however unordered, or oredered improperly, my settings in the user
control panel work as desired and are as follows:

Display topics from previous days: All topics
Display topics ordering by: Post time
Display topic order direction: Descending

Display posts ordering by: Post time
Display post order direction: Ascending

These settings put the threads that have been posted in the most recently at the top, and the
posts in each thread are appended at the end.
Trad archery and bowhunting all the way.

Forester

#4 Post by Forester » Wed May 18, 2016 12:40 pm

Thanks guys, that did indeed help. Descending order on the topics it is (my logic was even fuzzier than yours, Sue!), and now I know about and recognize those sticky posts! Sorted.

Thanks again!