shooting form

Site-related comments, questions and feedback. Also some hints on how to register, post a graphic, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

ken

shooting form

#1 Post by ken » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:55 pm

hi guys from tassie,just wondering if there is any body in tas that could help a new bloke and his two boys with there shooting form. Bean trad bow hunting for two years and still having trouble with consitancy.Thanks for any help, great site, shoot strait ken

PS dont mind the spelling
Lifes short shoot straight

Buford

#2 Post by Buford » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:01 pm

Hi Ken and welcome to ozbow (Erron's probably in bed :lol: )

There are a few guys on here from Tas.
I won't dob anyone in but I’m sure someone will be more than happy to volunteer. :wink:
Good luck mate.

cheers
buford 8)
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

tracker

#3 Post by tracker » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:12 pm

Hi matey.. as Buford says.. welcome aboard.

I'm only new at this myself and I know what your saying about being consistent. Its HARD! :D

I have seen one guy with 20+ years bowhunting with the trad gear shoot. He was sinking arrows into a bit of creekbank the size of your fist from about 30 paces perfectly and QUICK. He also shot a rabbit in the head from the back of a bouncing truck while all the compound guys were still reaching for an arrow to nock. :wink:

I think when you take on the traditional bow of whatever type you are signing on for a LONG time to get GOOD.

But WHEN you do, watch OUT! :shock:

There are a lot of guys from all over Oz on here and one or two in particular I believe are from Tassie so I'm sure your boys will get to see some good shooting. It will INSPIRE them.. I know it did me. :D

Mick.
"One has been a bad spectator of life if one has not also seen the hand that in a considerate fashion - kills." Nietzsche.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:14 pm

Welcome to the site Ken. I know of one person from Tassie on here and I'm sure he will see this and reply. Hope to chat more on here now that you have found us.

Jeff

erron

#5 Post by erron » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:12 pm

Ken,

welcome to Ozbow! As others have said, we have a couple of Tassy folk here, and I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.

Stick at it and you'll hit 'em eventually, heck, even I did!

Cheers,

Erron

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#6 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:05 pm

Ken,

I see Gilnocky hadn't replied here, seems he missed it. He comes from Tassie. I emailed him and he said it was alright to give you his email. It is narm3457@bigpond.net.au and his name is Norman Armstrong. I'm sure he can help you out.

Jeff

P.S. I tried emailing you and it was returned undeliverable!

gilnockie

#7 Post by gilnockie » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:01 am

Ken

I also tried emailing you and it was returned as undeliverable.
Norman

Draw, anchor, loose.

ken

thanks

#8 Post by ken » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:43 pm

thanks guys for the warm welcom, sorry for the spelling but the typing is wores 1 word a minute.A bit of info on what we ar shooting, Iam shooting a martin dream catcher,my eldest is 13 and shooting a samic mind takedown in 30lb,my youngest is 8 and shooting a martin 20lb fiberglass long bow.Well there go's a halfhour :oops: so i will leave it at that for now but once again thanks.

cheers ken

PS,sorry about the email adress i have fixed it so pleas try again.

erron

#9 Post by erron » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:45 pm

Hey Ken mate don't worry you type like this city-slicker shoots :!:

:D :shock: :D

Erron

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#10 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:34 pm

Ken,

Don't worry about the spelling mate as most of us could improve in that department. Just glad you saw the replies. Hope you manage to get together with Norman.

Of course, if ever you get up Queensland way please give a holler as I would be glad to have a chat.

Nice bows and it sounds like you must have a good time with your shooting partners hey?

Jeff

P.S. Still trouble with your email mate.

gilnockie

#11 Post by gilnockie » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:59 am

Ken

You can phone me on 6228 3455 any evening after 8:00pm.

Norman Armstrong
Norman

Draw, anchor, loose.

#12 Post by Guest » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:25 pm

Jeff and Norman sorry about the email address silly me :roll: I forgot to read the small print that said when changing my email address to re-enter my password so hopefully :lol: it should be all right but thankyou very much for persisting with this computer elitrate idoit :oops:

Norman I will try and ring you tomorrow night at about 8pm.

Jeff, Erron,Mick,Buford thanks for the replys and support as I get used to this thing called tecnology I will be looking forward to talking to you guys more in the future.

Cheers Ken

May you arrows fly true

gilnockie

#13 Post by gilnockie » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:10 am

Ken

I look forward to speaking with you.
Norman

Draw, anchor, loose.

erron

#14 Post by erron » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:09 pm

Good on you Ken, let me know if you need any help with pc or connection issues.

By the way, you logged this post as Guest, does that mean you can't logon at the moment under Ken?

Cheers,

Erron

ken

#15 Post by ken » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:25 pm

Sorry about that Erron, the internet disconnected just as I was about to submit it so I had to reconnect and then submit it but simple me :oops: didn't realise that when I lost the connection it automatically logged me off.Had a great day out hunting with dogs bows and family didn't get to harvest anything but what the hell thats only a small part of the hunt.

Looking forward to talking to you Norman.

Cheers Ken

May your arrows fly true.

erron

#16 Post by erron » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:04 pm

:D Those internet connections will do that won't they? Glad you enjoyed the day out, and have a good attitude to Traditional!

Erron